EGW 20 MOA base?

kyotekiller25

I see these in midway for $40.

I am curious as to how good they really are.

I am looking to put them on my LR rigs, 338 EDGE and 7 RM, both are braked.

Thing that worrys me is that they are aluminum. All the other ones, badger, NF, leatherwood, etc..are all made of steel. I dont care about weight, I want them to be durable and last...

What do you think, yay or nay??

I have one on a GAP 6.5-284. I wouldn't worry about it being aluminum. It's strong enough.

I run a few Seekin's 20moa rails which are aluminum as well and never had a problem with them.

Only thing I don't care about the EGW base, the @$$ end of the base is rather high.

They're a good deal for $40 though.

SS110, when you say the @$$ end is rather high, is that a bad thing? Other then that, no problems?

I got to thinking they will definately work on my 7 RM as it kicks like a 22-250, but my EDGE still has quite a bit of recoil with those 300's and a 11.5# rifle.

Was looking at rings as well. As much as I dont like Burris, there 6 screw extreme tactical rings dont look to bad, and the price isn't to bad either, however, there we go with the aluminum again...Anyone got anything good or bad to say about these??

I Run the Egw 20 moa base and the Burris Extreme Tactical rings on my 25-06.. Not a Strong kicker as you know Kyote but its a great combo..

When I get some time this weekend I'll take a picture of the EGW base vs my Seekins and Badgers. Only thing with the EGW base, since the rear is a smudge tall it'll make your scope sit a little higher then the Seekins or Badgers.

I wouldn't be afraid of aluminum scope rings even on your .338 Edge. Once again, I like Seekins rings. I run the 4 screws on my rigs. They're very sleek and trim which I like. I'm starting to steer away from the rings with the big screw/nut hanging off the side. They also offer them in the 6 screw pattern like the Burris.

seekin rail is about $100 and the rings go from $110-$130 if I recall correctly.

I'll try my best today trying to get those pictures up. Currently have a fractured sacrum/tailbone so moving around/lifting can be difficult at times.

EGW 20 MOA base
DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

Badger steel 20 MOA base
DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

Seekins 20 MOA aluminum base.
DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

Brad, lol. I told her she has to keep it at the house or she loose it or break it, Jk. Had to use it real quick since she has plans with some of her lady friends tonight and she wanted to take it.

Agreed, Seekins my favorite as well.

I run the Lows. They will clear a 50MM nightforce even on a #7 straight taper barrel......but just barely. You have tons or room if you run Varmint Taper barrels w/lows. Mike might be running some Mediums on a couple of his, I can't recall.

My 6.5-285 w/ the Leupold 8.5-25*50 has Seekins lows and has plenty of room since of the tall EGW base. I beleive my other Seekins rings are medium- low with the NF NXS 3.5-15*50 and 5.5-22*50. All are
M24/M40 contour.

Back