AR-15 Stag?

howling

I'm not familiar with the Stag brand with a stainless 24 inch bull barrel AR-15...What are the pros and cons of this AR-15? Thank you.

I really like Stag but as alot of people here may know, I am partial to my Rock River. There is nothing wrong with it, except the 24" barrel is long and heavy. Rock River has lotsa options with bull barrell lengths, where Stag I dont think has those options. If all that don't bother you, don't worry about it, you will be happy with the accuracy from the Stag, I guarantee it.

I do not own one, but my buddy does. He has a left handed, 24in, 223 with the 1-8 twist and it shoots very well. He's had several 1/4 inch groups with some handloaded 69gr smk. but that's more of the occasion than the normal... but he keeps it at 1/2 in to 3/4 on a regular basis

I am a lefty too. I wanted that same upper for another varmint build but couldn't get over the fact that it was so long and heavy. I just got a 16" 6.8 instead which is not even close to what I had origionally planned, but it sure is nice.

I've got one with about 40 rounds down the barrell,they are a bench gun , or someone with Arnold arms . I'am contenplateing trading mine off or rebarrelling it . My biggest complaint is for a 1/2 MAO guarentee the trigger is really poor .

I was adding some AR's to my collection and this guy was considering a trade in om my ATV. I own two Rock River Arms and they shoot okay. Sounds like I need to stay clear of the Stags. Thank you guys.

I have a stag flattop 16 in barrel with free float tube it shoots 3/4 and under groups at 100 yards everytime with mueller sport dot scope if im right i think stag makes the m&p 15 without the stag logo

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: freddieI think your right on the M&P. I am a lefty and I have a Stag 2tl, and I love it. Sub MOA all day.

Pretty much your only choice if you want a left-side ejecting upper.

I've got a 2T. I'll be sighting in the XPS I just got soon.

Ihave two Stags, one the 24" bbl and the other a 16". ALthough the 24 is a bit heavy, it shoots great. 1/2 MOA more the norm than occasion. Many times even better! I'd take a look at them before going elsewhere.

MY 0.02...

Sounds like Stag shoots as well as the other brands the reason I was asking about Stag is because a man is wanting to trade on my ATV and was wondering on resale value. Stag is a brand here that I have never heard of. So how much would you put in a Stag or would be your asking price? Are they harder to sell? Thank you.

Back