Which Waterproof Insulated Snow Camo Bibs and Jacket???

kilk14

Hey guys and gals,

I am looking to get a new set of snow camo bibs and jacket for the rest of this calling season and hopefully many more to come. I was pretty much dead set on Kings Snow shadow garmets but they're all out of my size EVERYWHERE! I don't know what's going on with them as the prices on the webpage on snow camo are very good right now...like they're discontinuing it or something.

What other waterproof/insulated snow camo bibs and jackets are available out there? I really don't want a hardwoods snow or anything with a lot of clutter.

I only buy from Cabela's due to the availability of tall sizes. My snow camo is a poncho or a cover coat, and white gaiters which come up to my knees (homemade) which works well and then the non snow camo can be used for other seasons as well. The bargain cave had snow camo half off last time I looked.

I've been slowing building my camo collection over the last couple years. Thinking about respending all that money just to get snow camo makes me sick. A $10 snow camo ponch over my otherwise good warm hunting clothes was a perfect solution.

Originally Posted By: NdIndyI've been slowing building my camo collection over the last couple years. Thinking about respending all that money just to get snow camo makes me sick. A $10 snow camo ponch over my otherwise good warm hunting clothes was a perfect solution.

Did that as well for a long time. Felt I was better off buying one really good jacket/bibs for water fowl, and having it serve double duty in the winter with a $30 pull over set.

I wouldn't have a set of snow camo now, save for the fact that I managed to find a set for a killer deal last year and had to buy it. The good jacket/bibs and cheap pull over served me so well I never considered buying a seperate set.

Thanks so far guys, but I'm not interested in a pullover/coversuit setup. I've done that before and want to just stick to the insulated bibs and jacket.

I wear my winter whites more than my fall browns during the hunting season so it doesn't bother me to spend the extra money. Thanks for the input though, I really do appreciate the insight.

I've never used it before but have you looked at Natural gear? It too is very reasonably priced. By next year I also will have a parka/bib snow camo suit. I can easily justify spending the money when snow is on the ground for 6 mo. My coverups are shot and a pain in the rear.

Originally Posted By: freefloatI've never used it before but have you looked at Natural gear? It too is very reasonably priced. By next year I also will have a parka/bib snow camo suit. I can easily justify spending the money when snow is on the ground for 6 mo. My coverups are shot and a pain in the rear.

Yes, I've definitely looked at that pattern. I have the Natgear Snow uninsulated coveralls right now. Where have you been able to find the parka and bibs? I didn't know they even made an insulated parka/bib combo, otherwise I'd own them already.

Hey kilk14,

Like you, we've also got snow on the ground for 6 mo of the year. Here's a link that might help. Most of the big outfitter stores up north carry the insulated white camo. Parka and bibs. Hope you got deep pockets
smile.gif

http://www.kingsoutdoorworld.com/shadowcamo/patterns/snow-shadow/

Last edited:
X2 on the King's camo. They are simply sold out as it is the end of the season and their stuff is very popular.

I have insulated waterproof king's and it is outstanding if you are out standing in the cold.

P1010016-2.jpg

I like the pattern of the Kings a little better than the Natural gear. Yes Natural gear makes a 100 gram insulated parka but I cannot find bibs. You would think that these companys would have the capacity to make a surplus of gear I mean its not like its gonna go out of style. But I'm sure they have their reasons.

Back