weaver 40/44 scopes ??

mt boy

Looking for a new scope with at least a 12 power magnifiction for a gun I am getting ready to buy.And right now the funds are limited and was looking for a scope in the 200-250 price range and came across these weaver 40/44 scope and was trying to get some info on them because the come with a BDC retical and I was wanting to try one of them.Any info or suggestions on these scopes or others would help thanks

Natchez Shooters is selling the Intensity scopes also, I understand these have been re-branded several times, started as the Simmons 44 MAG and Aetec,then Intensity, now Weaver.

thanks, thinking of going with a mueller have one of there 4x16 tactical scopes and have had good luck with it but still looking around.

A Weaver V-16 is in your future..
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: hunt-m-upNatchez Shooters is selling the Intensity scopes also, I understand these have been re-branded several times, started as the Simmons 44 MAG and Aetec,then Intensity, now Weaver.

Actually theres a good deal of differance between a 6.5-20x44 Weaver 40/44 compared to the Intensity 6.5-20 and the OLD Phillipines made Simmons 44 Mag scopes.

The 6.5-20x44 40/44 series has a turret assembly like the Higher power Weaver Classic V models 4-16 and 6-24.Top screw on a splined shaft. also they have American style reticle focus and 1 piece main tubes.

The 6.5-20 Intensity has 2 piece main tube, Fast focus eyepiece and the turret knobs have the small set screws through the side to index them. The intensity is close build wise as the old Phillipines made 44Mag.

The big 6.5-20 Intensity was the only model with target turrets and I wish I'd bought more than the 3 I have before they dissapeered. I'd rate the closeout prices on the Intensity's as one of the better buy's out there now

+1 on the Intensity scopes at closeout price,,,anyone who looks through them will be nothing but happy..............X

Bought a couple of the 2.8-10X44 Intensity models on closeout awhile back, quality at that price is very good. reticle is a little thick for me, but I'll live with that for my purposes. I'm betting some of the Weaver 40/44 models share a common manufacturer with them even with design tweaks. I wouldn't pay their asking price for the 40/44; V16 or Bushnell 3200 would be the better route. Also if you're concerned with $$ the Bushnell Legend 4-12 might be a good choice at around $160.

It would seem there are quite a few scopes and other optics coming out of the Phillipines these days. I'm sure some are built in the same plant. Burris,Nikon,2 brands of Weaver. The new 40/44 and the new one they just announced the Deerhunter? It's looks to be a Weaver GrandSlam.

Natchez has a sale on some Bushnell scopes now. Can't remember if it's a Trophy or Legend 5-15 mil dot for $139.00

SWFA has those 3-9 BDC Timberlines for $119.99 again.

sorry. the NEWEST Weaver is called Buck Commander. Another senior moment on my part!

Last edited:
Just put a 6.5 x 20 duplex on my 22-250 and it sure seems clear for a mid range priced scope. Zeroed it last week and have shot one bullet out of it at a coyote yesterday and killed it at 300 yards. I think I am going to like it for the money.

Back