22 mag blanks? Need help please.

Well I have a friend that has had a gun made to shoot rounds that start fires. I haven't seen it or really talked to him much about it. All I know is he needs 22 mag blanks and can't find any. He works for the state wildlife department and it's getting time for them to start burning and needs the blanks soon so I said I would try and find some for him.

Yes, I would try a few regular 22 blanks. With the mechanics of a blank the worst you would get is some gas leakage. How many do you plan to shoot? I have shot a FEW 22 lr shells in a 22 mag doing some testing. Not that I recommend the regular 22 in a 22 mag, but your not going to 'blow up the gun' as some may say. Blanks should be even more O.K.. YMMV

I think he plans on using it for a long time. People burn a lot around here and he's also on the fd and they will use it to back burn in places that they can't get to easy.

external case dimensions are very different.

22LR OD = 0.224"
22WMR OD = 0.240"

Rim diameters:

22LR OD = 0.271"
22WMR OD = 0.287"

If it is a revolver in 22 mag, see if he can find a 22lr cylinder for it and he will be good to go. Or maybe the firearm isn't really for 22 mag, but for one of the construction calibers. Ramset has a 22 cal tool. Might try at HD or the blue store

Back