South East Idaho predator hunters

Mad Dawg

Hey guys I'm new to Coyote hunting and need some help, where to go, what to do that sort a thing and sombody to go with. If their is anybody out there who can help shoot me a line.

Thanks
Mad Dawg.
cowlingjon@gmail.com

Where are you located at? How far are you willing to drive? We have lots of coyotes here. You can hit the river bottoms, the foot hills and dry farms, and of course the desert. Let me know where you are located at and I'll see if I can give you any specifics.

I'm In Rexburg, and I am able and willing to drive. So ya let me know.

Thanks
Jon Cowling
cowlingjon@gmail.com

Last edited:
Are you available during the week? I am off for 7 days at a time, so I don't like to contend with folks that only get to hunt on the weekend. I may be able to put something together to go the first part of next week if you like. I'm in Pocatello, but I'm pretty versatile.

Anything west of Beaverdick Park has coyotes in it. The farther west you get the better off you are. It is a little bit of a drive, but there are a lot of coyotes up in the Medicine Lodge area near the Montana border. Also, hit I-15 north until you get into the farms. Go and call the rocks near where the fields meet them. There are a LOT of coyotes in that area. Another good spot would be in Ririe. Go find the deer and then hike over the next ridge. You will have some success there. Be careful, you might pull in a wolf or a cat as well. Not likely, but you never know. Also, the benches and dry farms east of Rexburg have a lot of coyotes. See if you can find a draw that is too steep to be farmed. You'll likely pull coyotes out of a few of them. Mind the wind and set up in the fields in your whites and they will poke their heads out to check you out. Those make for some easy chip shots. You are literally surrounded by thousands of coyotes! Having said that, don't expect them to come easy. You'll have to put in your time. Just when you think it shouldn't be this hard, you'll knock one down and be ready to roll for another month! Good luck, have fun and keep us posted on your success.

Back