Moore Maker Knives

dhurt

I've been looking into getting a new knife and ran across Moore Maker.
I havent heard alot or read much about them and was wondering if anyone had one and how they like it?
I'm specifically looking at the 7101LB Roper they have for an everyday carry knife.
If anyone has any experience with Moore Maker or this knife in particular I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks
dhurt

Sorry if this post doesnt belong in this forum, didnt really know where else to post it.

I have a couple, can't recall the models, they are lightweight and seem to keep a good edge. I keep a folder in my pack and have quarteded and skinned elk with just a quick touch up on the blade. For the money they seem to be a good value. Also made in the USA.

drscott

Ive got one, not sure the model. Ive gutted many a deer with it and it has held its edge fine. Good knife.

Being made in the US is something i've come to desire the older I have gotten, thats why I was inquiring about Moore Maker.
And for $35 Bucks it seems like a good deal.
I can say that i'm rough on knives, and want something thats gonna hold up to some abuse.
I might cut some wire one day and slice a block of cheese the next, so I want something that gonna last.

I have a couple and there good knives.Me and a friend were in Matador a few years ago and stoped at Mooremaker they were good people. I think Bear builds most of there pockett knives.
Steve

Last edited:
I have a bone handled stockman folding knife that I use in the spring of the year for castrating calves at the local brandings, I've castrated up to a hundred calves without sharpening it, just strop it on my chap leg ocasionally.

The guy that runs the "Coyote Gods" website has an article on Moore Maker knives. Very informative.

The upper level Moore Maker knives are built by Queen. The less expensive are built by Camillus. I have several and have had more but sold some of them off over the years. Honestly, you can get the same knife with the Queen name on it for less money than the MM.

Moore Makers are great knives. They hold a good edge and you dont have to sell something to buy one. You won't be dissapointed. Mine also came with a nice leather carrying case. Its real comfortable, i cant even tell its there.

Originally Posted By: GC The less expensive are built by Camillus.
Camillus went out of business with Schrade knives as Schrade owned Camillus. Canal Street Cutlery the knife company that I work for make some of the Moore knives now.

Originally Posted By: Razorsedge
Camillus went out of business with Schrade knives as Schrade owned Camillus. Canal Street Cutlery the knife company that I work for make some of the Moore knives now.

Which knives are yall making for Moore Maker?

Might be putting in an order with you guys soon. I need to get a retirement gift for my father in-law and I cant think of anything better.
And if I can get away with it, I might get that trapper for myself as well.

Junk imo. I had one and the metal was too soft would not hold an edge, my bro-in law got one and it was the same way. If you want a good one get a Case with the chrome vanadium blades

The Case CV and the 1095 Moore Maker spec's in their knives is just about exactly the same blade steel and both use the same RC of about 56 for the heat treatment. I do agree the RC is a little low for holding an edge, though many people like the fact they are so easy to touch up.

[/quote] What blade steel? Not the 440C listed for that knife, right? [/quote]

Some are 1095 others are D2. It depends what they want when they place an order.

Yote smoker, I'm sorry to hear that about those 2 knives. If you drop them a line I'm sure they'll fix or replace them. If we run the rockwell up to high the average guy couldn't resharpen them.

Dhurt, if it's a gift ask them about custom engraveing that they do.

Back