Carbon Wrap Barrels

stanly

Anyone have any intel on these. I bought a Plum Crazy complete lower and was thinking of maybe building an ultra-light AR in 204. I posted on AR-15.com also but nothing yet. I like this forum much better. Thanks!

all i know is they are very light and have to b good,they use them on christiansen arms rifles and lots of other high end weapons.

i'm kinda exhausted with carbon wrapped barrels. They look awesome, but they dont really "do" anything. if you want to lighten the weight of your rifle just turn the barrel down. thats all a carbon wrapped barrel is; a turned down barrel with some carbon wrap on it. the wrap does not increase barrel rigidity nor does it conduct heat away from the metal to cool the barrel. if you want a gun to look good go ahead wrap the barrel, i'm a fan of the look. but dont expect the barrel to perform any better.

the guys at christiansons have made their mark on the industry wrapping barrels and they have done a great job and make an original looking rifle. if these wraps provided an advantage over non wrapped barrels dont you think Kreiger, pac-nor, hart etc. would be pushing them also?

i would never tell someone not to do something to their gun if thats what they want. my guns have all got something that's probably "overboard" but i try to understand the practical benefits of whatever i'm adding and i TRY to avoid the marketing hype.

Everyone has opinions. The guys at LaRue tactical told me that the reason they don't do piston AR's is because they provide no real advantage over DI AR's we already use. Piston guns just happen to be the latest and greatest right now in the AR world, but the world itself has seen them for years...Like fifty or more. It's a marketing deal. The reason I like the carbon wrapped barrel is for the light weight issue and the accuracy guarantee they provide. Plus, it looks cool in my opinion. I would like to see one and feel the difference but it would be a while before I got into a Christensen.

Back