fix that mojo

sendit223

There is another thread that details the most common problems with the mojo critter(http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1483790&page=1). For anyone considering buying a mojo, that thread is a good read.

This thread will be simply what you can do about it (mainly promapper's idea).

There are two problems:

Cracked top (mine looked like this right out of the box):
IMG_8382.jpg

The bottom spike mount also breaks due to the cheap plastic housing.

Solution: pvc pipe and expoxy puddy:
IMG_8383.jpg

IMG_8390.jpg

This solution increases the size, so the fur coat that comes with it doesn't fit. One solution is Krylon:
IMG_8398.jpg

Of if you can con your wife into going to the craft store you can make a new fur coat .... and add on another set of fur thingys to twirl around (and I made a little base for rocky terrain):
IMG_8402.jpg

In motion:
IMG_8410.jpg

Last edited:
I know that...does it have any stamping etc...Gonna build my own...Never mind...I'll post mine when its finished...can do it for half the cost!..Thanks

Last edited:
Deathcry - it is the mojo motor. I don't recall seeing any markings on it. What should I look for?

If you look at the other post referenced above you will also see a close up of the little circuit board that's in it.

I don't know how to build my own as far as the motor and board goes. The rest of it I can get creative on...have Dremel, will fab...

I built my own decoy and timing circuit. Feel free to use it:

DSCN0296.jpg

That AMP input being high switches it between pulsed and run, you could delete that bottom circuitry to pin 2 if you didn't want that option.

The diode in parallel with R2 is connected at both ends, the scan just didn't show it too well.

Any 6V DC motor that will drive the topper should work.

oh yeah evil, I've got it...the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the remaining sides...which may or may not be related to 3.1415926

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Evil_LurkerI built my own decoy and timing circuit. Feel free to use it:

DSCN0296.jpg

That looks like a great piece of info if.. I could read it lol

Some one needs to do a step by step pic tutorial for us clue less people; put this doohickey here and attach this thing a ma jig to this etc
wink.gif

That's great info on the fix for a critter.

There's only been two issues EVER with a MOJO Critter....

The first was a switch that would turn on too easy because it had no guard to protect it. MOJO fixed that, and it's no longer an issue.

The second issue as you all know is with the housing being brittle, especially in the cold of winter.

That issue is being addressed and corrected as we speak.

I just got done hunting with Terry Denmon, the owner of MOJO...he told me that they are re-tooling and making the housing more formidable. It should be lots sturdier, and stand up to the "hard" hunting that predator hunters demand of their products.
thumbup1.gif

As far as the MOJO Critter working VERY well at what it does...well, it just doesn't get any simpler or better than the critter for a decoy. It works and attacts predators like nothing else.

I think a lot of a company that listens to the customors about what they need. MOJO does listen, therefore they will remain my choice for decoys.

It won't be long until the new Critter (Stronger version) is out there and you can see for yourself.
In the meantime, a great decoy at under $40, the Critter, may be hard to find again before long. It seems that they are flying off the shelves at a brisk pace.
So, baby the Critter until the better ones arrive.
wub.gif

Barry

Originally Posted By: Evil_LurkerLet's just say, if you can't follow that schematic, Mojo sells a pretty nice decoy.
laugh.gif

and you know I can't and so yes they do!

Barry - it's good to hear that they are making design modifications to take care of the problem. Thanks for letting us know. In the meantime I have my mega-mojo-indestructo.

Quote:Where did you get your circuit board from cant find one!

Radio Shack. Circuit board

DSCN0363.jpg

That one's got 2 voltage regulators (left and right metal tabbed packages), one to turn 12V into 6 for the motor, and the other one 9V for a Nady receiver.

If you used a 6V supply, you wouldn't need either of those.

Back