RRA Operator stock sling mounting

moelkhuntr

Has anyone come up with a way to mount a rear sling stud on a RRA operator stock. Bought a new RRA lower today with the new Operator CAR stock and never noticed the mounting holes in it at the time. Must be some kind of an adapter to go in the two holes but can't find it on RRAs web site.

Last edited:
Doesn't the CAR stock come with an H-K loop built into the endplate? It looks to me like you just need an H-K hook on the sling and you're good to go.

I'm guessing the H-K hook will fit into those rings on the stock, too.

That would be kinda goofy, though, since your sling length would change with the stock position setting.
wink.gif

It's not made like their older CAR stocks. The old ones had a place for the sling already on them. The new Operator CAR only has two hole in the side of the stock. You can see it on their web.

Yeah, I went and looked at it before I posted that. I see the endplate has a hook ring, whether the stock takes a standard hook or not, I can't say for sure.

I wonder if the quick disconnect kind with a push button and ball bearings would fit. Looks like they would give a person a heads up about it in their sling adapter parts.

Quote: I wonder if the quick disconnect kind with a push button and ball bearings would fit.

Doubtful, those holes look too big, and I doubt they are tapped.

Quote:Looks like they would give a person a heads up about it in their sling adapter parts.

That would be nice. I didn't even see any H-K clips available there. Here's some for $2.75 each, though, if you get stuck.
H-K hooks

I've got the RR operator stock and I can tell you the HK hooks will not work in the holes. Don't know exaxctly what they are for. You can use the slot in the upper part of the stock to thread a sling strap through.
I think the best way is with Evil's setup. KN pivot pin and a burnsed hook. Works for me.

I found on another forum somewhere this morning that a guy said he was using the little push button quick release attachments on his and they worked great. Got one ordered this morning and if it works I guess I will dedicate a good sling to only that gun since I don't have the push button quick disconnects on anything else. It's a wait and see. Guess a guy can always put a piece of rope through the holes if everything else fails. Wouldn't that look cool!!!!

Well, I guess I was wrong then. I've never seen a pushbutton QD that looked that big, but they have a lot of stuff I've never seen, probably.
laugh.gif

Glad that's working out for you.
thumbup1.gif

Hey, they've got the Blueforce Vickers sling on the KNS site for $23, I paid around twice that for mine (and got a bunch of QD stuff with ot I never used). Just an FYI, but that's a pretty nice sling.

Last edited:
Well the Big Brown Truck showed up with my RRA BB Predator Pursuit upper today. Have put the upper and lower together but still waiting on the Brown Truck to bring me my Burris scope mount. The quick disconnect swivel is on it's way also. Let everyone know if it fits. Still haven't heard from my e-mail I sent to RRA about what swivel adapter to use.

I used the quick connect swivel from blue force gear and it works like a charm. My only complaint is that they charged me $8 shipping for a 12 dollar item that weighs no more than an oz.

must be all that handling.

good luck!

goose

Quick-Detachable Sling Swivel 1 1/4" Steel. (394293) $8.50 plus $7.63 shipping plus $0.86 sales tax = $17.00 from Midway USA

Just got it and it works fine on the RRA Operator CAR stock. Why don't they tell you these things from RRA. Have not received an e-mail from them yet.

Back