Best IR illuminator for weapon mount

Originally Posted By: WhiteknuckleMaybe try the IR filter on a lightforce!
Someone has had to try it, maybe someone will chime in and let us know.

J.Weber

That is actually going to be my next purchase. It is recommended that you use the 30w bulb with it, but with the rheostat I am not sure that I need it. Just keep it turned down low.

Originally Posted By: varmentwackerir torch is much better

So you own or have compared both of them? I own a Torch from TNVC, so please tell me why you think it is better than the Lightforce IR filter. What were the advantages and disadvantages?

Originally Posted By: stanlyIs the IR Illuminator similar to the Lasergenetics? Can you tell me if it works in the cold? I'm in Alaska.

Stanly, do you own a NVD? If not, an IR illuminator is not going to do you any good.

To answer your question...They are nothing alike. To keep it very simple....An IR illuminator's beam is not visible to the naked human eye and is visible through night vision. I have never had an issue with my Torch IR illuminator in the cold.

The Lasergenetics projects a green visible light. I have had the opportunity to use one and it did not work well at all. They are not worth the money in my opinion. If I was to purchase a visible light, for the money I would rather own a Lightforce 170 Night Hunter pack (which I do).

Back