For Sale: Bird & Trout / Boning / Fillet Knife

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
Here's a really nice bird & trout fillet knife up for open sale to the first "I'll take it!"

This started life as a custom order boning knife with a 7" cutting edge. It came out great, except there was a pock mark on the edge about 4" into the blade. The scale was formed during the heat treat process where my ceramic protective coating must have had a pinhole in it. (I don't know of a tool steel that can withstand 2050 degrees F. So it has to be coated.)

Here's what a tiny tiny TINY pinhole in the coating will do at those temps...

DSC07047.jpg

Anyway, that wouldn't do, so instead of producing a #2, I cold-ground this 4 1/4" cutting edge bird & trout, fillet / boning knife out of it. It came out beautiful!

Here's some pics...

DSC07049.jpg

DSC07051-1.jpg

DSC07052-1.jpg

DSC07053-2.jpg

It's ATS34 Stainless. The wood is Desert Ironwood with a really beautiful shifting grain pattern. The hardware is all brass. Red spacers.

It will include a custom sheath of your own design. Leather, Kydex, or a combination thereof.

Price is $150 obo.

It's posted several places, so I'll go by the time stamp on the buyer's reply.

Thanks guys!

My home!!!
I think this all starts back a couple years. I had a box of stuff that I couldn't use and didn't know what to do with it. I didn't want to throw it away so I sent it to Steve and said if you can use this for knife building use it up. I'm not sure why I picked Steve to send it too I guess I just liked his work and hoped he could use the stuff. I didn't think it was that big of a deal but Steve did. This knife showed up at my house yesterday as a gift from Steve along with a very nice PM. I will tell you this man can build a knife and this thing is beautiful. If you ever get a chance to pick up a rainshadow knife do it. You won't be sorry.
Thank you very much Steve I will put it to good use.
Jim

I can also attest to the quality of Steve's knives. I have a couple, and he will do his best to make it exactly like you want it, and will work with you thru the whole process. They are working works of art.

Back