What an awesome day!

crapshoot

Well, today started at 2 am ( forgot to reset my clock for DST) . Met Desertratracer (My hunting budy that shoots cats and yotes out from under me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) and headed for teh hills. The wind was blowing and I knew the yotes wouldn't work with us. But we were on a secret mission. Looking for yotes and to fill a deer tag. We left the house at 3:30( really 2:30am) and headed out. Low and behold there was one of those dumb yotes that just runs across the road and then just waits there for you to dump him on his butt. So, I abliged. 100 gr speer HP fromthe 25-06 and down he goes. I would have rather called him but oh well.
fab90016.jpg

As the day progresses we head up and over a steep hill and to our suprise there stands this little guy with his little lady. Desertratracer bails out and lets fly a 165 gr nosler balistic tip true and straight from his 30-06 and down he goes.
fab8fff7.jpg

He measured 28 1/2 inches and should score around 190. And to top it all off i even bagged a few quail to boot.
fab8fff2.jpg

fab8ffff.jpg

all in all it was a great day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What a great day in the field.......kinda makes getting up that early worth it, huh!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Congrats,

Bob

Very nice guys, that buck looks awful big.

Sounds like a great day all the way around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nice job,Its rare to even see a buck that big these days! Add some quail and a Yote. Nice shootin. Herd some my way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back