Foxpro spitfire sound downloads?

Don Armstrong

I am looking at getting a Foxpro spitfire. I know I will get 24 sounds with the call. My wife is computer literate and I'm not. She says I can load sounds to the spitfire by using a micro SD card and you don't need Foxpro's reader writer. You plug into computer and download your sounds off of places like Varmint Al's. Has anyone done this. Thanks, Don

She is correct but you need to duplicate the file name like Foxpro has it similar to this

001 (name of call) . (extension)

It is critical to have the numbers before the call name, you need to number them 000-023 , as a disclaimer I've only used FX series and Scorpion call so the spitfire could be slightly different but I doubt it, Foxpro keeps it easy for it's repeat customers buying new callers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: bobcatspotfeveryes you need a reader writer for the micro card in it to change out sounds.but get a good one!

Most newer computers and laptops have a built in card reader/writer, it sounds like she already has one.

You can get el cheapo's in either a usb card reader that you plug the micro sd card into and it plugs into your computer's usb port.....or you can also get on the cheap, a sd card that is just a casing for the micro sd card to plug into. Most computers will have a sd card slot (but not micro sd card slot). Both of these you can get very cheap. You will also need a male to male 3.5 cable to go from your spitfire to the remote so that you can "send" the new sound list to your remote so it will display correctly (you can get this just about anywhere that ipod's/mp3 players are sold for cheap also).

(Oh, and yes, you can download mp3 sounds for example from varmint al's and load them onto the spitfire)

Last edited:
Yes, you can use windows to write to the card and load up any .mp3 or .wave file or even the Foxpro .fxp sounds.

That numbering thing is critical for the sound files you want to use. remember to put a space between the number (000 thru 023) and the rest of the file name.

You may also need to format your micro SD card to Fat32. You'll also need ot transfer the call list from the caller to the remote each time you switch cards.....

A new blank card will be formatted for FAT. You need to change it to FAT32 before it will work in the Spitfire.

Inset the card into your card reader (either usb or built in reader). Your computer will find the card and see it as a removable drive. Click your "start" menu, select "my computer". You should see that it has assigned a new drive letter for your removable card. Right click on that drive letter and select the format option. In the next options box that pops up you should be able to select between FAT and FAT32. Select FAT32 and click OK to format the card.

It may pop up a warning that all data on the card will be erased. Click OK and let it format the card.

Next and VERY IMPORTANT if you want to use the Foxpro software utility to load and arrange your sounds. The card has to be named SP1 before the Foxpro software will recognize it.

Go to My Computer, find the drive letter for your card and right click on it. Select Properties. Next, under the General tab you should see a blank line at the top of the box. Type SP1 and close the box.

You should now be able to transfer and arrange sounds with the Foxpro utility software.

You MUST have your sounds named 000 through 023 with a space between the numbers and the name of the sound. You MUST have 24 sounds on the card before they will work with the caller.

If you are unsure about your sound name, always select the "ammend sound name" option when you transfer a sound.

Always make a backup of your original sounds. I make a backup folder on my computer, another on an external hard drive and another on an extra SD card.

The Spitfire will recognize a 1gb or a 2gb card once it is formatted to FAT 32 but it will not work with a 4gb card.

I got the card formated and name ,lost all the sounds ,put all the sounds on it and all it does it says transfer ,I left it transfer for 20 minutes and it never did finish. Do I have bad sounds,some sounds are from Varmit Al and are 16 and 20 minutes long , some sounds are off of tapes and down loaded to the computer.Any ideas? Also how do you get sounds from my computer music to foxpro programer?Thanks

When you say transfer, do you mean when you plug in the patch cord to sync. it to the remote? If so, then you have at least one sound that is not named correctly, you don't have 24 sounds oryou have more sounds than the card will hold. Remember you must start with 000 and there must be a space between the numbers and you sound name. Like this:
000 cottontail.mp3
001 lonehowl.mp3
002 woodpecker.mp3

Of course the file type would be .fxp, .mp3 or .wav, which ever type of files you were using.

It works best if you use the program utility to load the sounds on your card. When you open the program you will see two windows. The one on the left will be the files that you want to load. The one on the right will be your micro sd card. You have to navigate to the correct files just like you would any other file on your computer.

This will show you in detail how to do it:
http://www.gofoxpro.com/resources/program.php

If that doesn't explain it, then you can download the instruction manual for your caller here:
http://www.gofoxpro.com/resources/manuals/index.php

Can you use the "Mark II" sound library on FoxPro for the Spitfire. I know that the "Mark II" library says it's 24-bit sounds format, but will they play on say the the Spitfire (which I am guessing is probably 16-bit). There are some sounds in there that I would really like to have when I order my Spitfire.

Thanks

Cowboy

Originally Posted By: CowboyinILYes, but can you still use the Mark II sounds on the Spitfire also?

Cowboy

Yes you can. If you go to the Foxpro website and click on the Spitfire to read about it there is a link at the bottom with the standard sound list. If you buy one that is preloaded with sounds, some of them are the Mark II sounds.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: CowboyinILYes, but can you still use the Mark II sounds on the Spitfire also?

Cowboy

Yes you can. If you go to the Foxpro website and click on the Spitfire to read about it there is a link at the bottom with the standard sound list. If you buy one that is preloaded with sounds, some of them are the Mark II sounds.

As Reb86 said you can use MKII sounds on the Spitfire, I asked the guys at Foxpro before I picked up my Spitfire.

Back