Mojo Critter Switch Problem??

Cabin Fever

I picked up a Mojo Critter, installed brand new batteries, push the switch on, and NOTHING. I kept pushing the button in and out, as if it's not working, I don't know what is "on" and what is "off". Nothing. One of times, I accidently bumped the switch and it took off spinning. It appears to be a faulty switch or short. I called Mojo and they are sending me out a new switch. The customer service person that I spoke to acted surprised, like they haven't heard of this issue before.

Has anyone else had a switch issue with their Mojo? Did the new switch resolve the problem? It's going to really tick me off if I can't get it to work in the field!

Cabin Fever and ALL

We use that switch on many of our products including many of the duck and dove decoys, and while we have had some problems, we had upgraded the switch some time ago and have reduced them
considerably. Still, we understand your flustration with buying a new product and it not working to your satisfaction. It is completely warranted, so rest assured it will be corrected.

More importantly, we have had more trouble with users not considering that it operates with on/off cycler and there is a 50% chance that when you push the switch to turn it on, it is in the "off" mode and will only start to operate after this off cycle expires. In the meanwhile if you hit the switch again, now you have turned it off and when you hit it again it is still in the off cycle.

Once you turn it on, give it time to pass thru the off cycle. If it does not work them, there is a problem and we at MOJO need to attend to that for you, and we will.

Let us know if you need more help.

Terry Denmon
President & CEO
MOJO Outdoors

Originally Posted By: NM_HighPlainsHad the same trouble with my Mojo Woodpecker. I finally got irritated and drop kicked it to oblivion.

Should have sent it in to MOJO instead....
thumbup1.gif

Last year I bought a critter at Cabelas and when I got out to the parking lot I put some batteries in and hit the switch. The switch broke on the first push. I immediately took it back in to customer service to exchange. Then I went to the aisle where they were and opened the two remaining packages and tested the switches. One was the same it broke, and the other one worked fine. I bought the good one and gave the second bad one to Customer Service. Typical made in CHINA.

However, the one I bought has been working really well. I try not push the button too hard.

Got an envelope in the mail last week from MOJO with a replacement switch in. Just a switch, no instructions or anything. Do I need to solder the wires together? I've been so disgusted, I haven't even looked at it yet!

Started out this year with a brand new Spitfire that didn't work, fresh out of the package. Now, buy a Mojo critter that has problems, fresh out of the package... I love it when I have to fix someone elses problem!!

Originally Posted By: Cabin FeverStarted out this year with a brand new Spitfire that didn't work, fresh out of the package. Now, buy a Mojo critter that has problems, fresh out of the package... I love it when I have to fix someone elses problem!!

Yeah, I know- it's frustrating. I fixed the battery connector on my old FoxPro FX3 twice, until I finally just replaced the whole connector with a right angle one that solved the problem. I fussed with my Mojo Woodpecker almost every time I used it and it got to the point where I had to leave the door open for it to work. I'd get it working, walk back to my spot, and it had stopped working. That's when I kicked it right off the stinky metal stand into oblivion. It seems like more and more products are like that- unreliable.

HERE is the answer to your E-call problems and HERE is the answer to your electric decoy problems. Use the electric stuff until it breaks, then pull out Ol' Reliables. Life becomes simple and good again.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: rockinbbarShould have sent it in to MOJO instead....
thumbup1.gif

I still have the parts. Maybe I'll do that.
smile.gif

if you take the top cap off you can get at all the wiring. For that matter i think if you just take the batteries out you can remove the switch and still check all the wiring. If i remember there are only 4 wires. 2 to the switch and 2 the motor. If you use a pair on needle nose you should be able to check the ones on the motor to make sure there tight. As for the switch just pop it out and check that the wires are tight.

Back