GameTraks Video- Greys and Bobcats

Hyperwrx

Josh Ebert (Joshnaz) accepted a field staff position at GameTraks a ways back. We both started carrying a video camera with us on stand these last few months while hunting gray foxes and bobcats. Here is a short clip of some of the video we've collected so far. Due to the area we hunt, many times getting quality video is next to impossible and really tough when you are working both the camera and the gun as you will see.

Part way through you will see a coyote viciously attack Poncho, our gray fox decoy, with a bite to the throat. A well known AZ predator Hunter, Mike Burris, has told us that he uses a gray fox decoy when calling coyotes and says the response from the coyotes is incredible. He had the decoy built by a local taxidermist. I built a decoy myself after skinning a gray and slipping the fresh pelt over a form and sewing it up. Marbles for eyes and an alligator clip in his mouth finished off the experiment. I hang my Whirling Woodpecker or a few feathers from the alligator clip. Does it work? Poncho would answer a big yes to that. He has been bitten, shaken, dragged 10' by his tail, barreled over by a charging coyote, and danced around by several grey foxes. Poncho has earned his weight in video footage in a few short months. A few pictures of an abused Poncho.

GAMETRAKS VIDEO

poncho1.JPG

poncho2.JPG

Very good video, Scott. My only problem was it took 15 minutes to download the video even with DSL. Anyone else have a problem with the download?

Starting download now. ETA 24 minutes. It's a 31.8mb file. With a file size that huge, the quality is probably going to be worth the wait.

Let you know later...

Tony

I made the video compilation in Adobe Premier CS4 and let the software guide me though the output process. It probably took a higher graphic quality route than needed. The software is so detailed its a wonder I finished the task in 1 evening.

This is 1/4th of the footage Josh and I took. I have some side-splitting footage of Josh trying to kill a bobcat in a bush with the butt of his shotgun after wounding it. The cat is hurt enough it can't get away but hisses, spits, and lunges forward as Josh dances around the bush swinging his shotgun like a battle axe. Watching it has to be the highlight of this season.

All in good time.....

This weekend its off to shoot some greys and see if they cooperate with the video filming.

At least the export of the footage looks a whole heck of alot clearer than mine!
smile.gif
Mine looks about 3% of the quality it really is on the computer and DVD.

I like the video, good action. My biggest question....what in the heck kind of music do you listen to Scott?????? My mind is now going to be warped for the rest of the afternoon on calling stands.
smile.gif

Tony

Tony - Zack Wylde used to play with Ozzy, then he did his own thing with BLS.

Where's the head-banging smilie?
smile.gif

That's a great video. Those marble eyes kinda freak me out.

Nice job putting those clips together. I hope that other stuff you are talking about never makes it off the cutting room floor. haha

Back