Dtech AR Delivery

GrizleyHunter

Who has gotten delivery and when did you order it.
This will let some of us know how close to getting our orders.
The wait is worse than christmas when I was a kid.
Thanks guys

I talked to Mike on the 7th of January and he told me that there were 36 orders ahead of mine. My order was placed on 2/20/09.

My order:

22" .243 WSSM
compensated/fluted
Norells resin finish

It will be worth the wait.

blacksheep

I ordered mine in April was supposed to be six month wait. Then mike had to move and parts availability became issues I guess I'll have it for next season. Hey that's life, I am always a day late and a dollar short.

I just placed an order on Monday. He was very up front about timing. He told me right now, he's on about a 12 month lead time. But...he said a year ago he was getting more orders a week than what was normal for a month. He's got a big bulge of work to get thru and then his lead times will start shortening again as orders have slowed to a more acceptable level.

He felt I'd be at an 8 month lead.

I build custom fishing rods...so I know how that goes. I'm often times 6 months out of rods just because I have so many orders to get thru. And there's always a couple guys that really want something off the wall that throws a big wrench into timelines.

I have bought two DTECH uppers from other members here, they both reported their wait time was 13 months, almost exactly. I have some waiting on, ordered 12/31/09 and he told me realistically it would be around xmas 2010.

17 tactical
Now I am sure you are ASHAMED of yourself posting on this thread that you will soon have THREE D-tech uppers while the rest of us poor slobs wait for our first.LOL
Just crying in my beer.

hahahah, hey all it took was a to get a separate bank account from my wife's...lol...oh yeah select paperless on the bank account option so they don't mail anything to your house.lol

I'm actually excited about the .17 tactical upper, it will be the first AR ever built for it. Mike makes first rate weapons

All my AR-10 needs is a handguard that is supposed to come in anyday now!
laugh.gif

I should be getting the call any day now. I ordered mine 2/20/09 and a month ago when I talked to Mike there were 36 orders ahead of mine.

Getting my trigger finger itchin' to shoot my new toy!

blacksheep

Last edited:
Back