Best Foxpro sounds for Crows??

Redtail204

Guys that have the Foxpros what are the best sounds you have found for Crows?

Also any other recorded electronic Crow sounds you recommend from other sources?

Ordering a new Spitfire with limited space...

Thanks!

If you're trying to get a few at a time to come in you could try "Sentinel Crow" by Dennis Kirk or if you want to rile up a bunch try "Crow Come Here" by Johnny Stewart. I've shot quite a few with the JS. Both of these sound more realistic than some of the other sounds I've tried.

We start out with a "Come Here" call with hand calls first. Once we get a s couple started and have fired we jump to the Crow Fight then flip flop against the Crow Distress. It works rather well.

Now my buddy Jon uses a program call Audacity to splice download calls together and makes 20 minutes calling sequences. I have removed some of my calls of my FX3 and replaced them with some stuff he has made.

Jon starts off with some Come Here, then some Feeding, rolls it over to a Fight, followed with Distress and sometimes finishes with a Hawk Fight. That works pretty good to.

You can go to FoxPro and buy some more calls, but the really good ones you have to send it back for them to put on. Those would be calls by Bob Aronsohn.

I've killed more crows with the Johnny Stewart Crow & Owl Fight than any other. I've used that sound for over 40 years.

Lately I've been trying to lure a few to do some crow sniping with a rifle. I want something that might lure them in more calm and not all worked up. That's why I asked about a feeding sound and if it works worth a hoot.

The Sentinel sound may be something I need to consider. Have you used that one much, duckstopper?

The Crow Come Here and Crow Fight that Puppy mentioned are JS.

I've got a pile of others; Lohman, Bob A., Darrell Gibson, a whole bunch of different authors. Even some distressed and hurt crows recorded by UCSB researchers that they use in professional applications in Pecan orchards out in California.

The ones that work the best for me are the old JS calls, and the Darrell Gibson calls.

6mm06, you may try Bob Aronsohn's recognition call. We have noticed several birds just loafing in and setting just out of scattergun range when we begin our set with this call. The birds will normally come on in when the sequence gets a bit more aggressive. If they start to fly in the wrong direction, I just start the crow distress from the same Bob A. CD and get ready for the shot.
John

Thanks John, I may have to try the recognition call. I've tried several different sounds, including a rally sound. I can get them to come in, but they are generally fired up and don't like to sit long, if at all. That's why I was wondering if a feeding sound might produce, but keep them more casual.

Redtail, yea, I've tried calling with decoys while in the blind, actually only once so far. But, it worked and I had a few crows land in the tree tops occasionally. The problem I had was trying to video and shoot too. I could have taken a few more shots perhaps if I hadn't been using the camera. Seems that calling with decoys and the blind will work for my video endeavors. I just need them to land in the tree instead of flying about, squaking and causing a rucus.

Originally Posted By: puppypopperWe start out with a "Come Here" call with hand calls first. Once we get a s couple started and have fired we jump to the Crow Fight then flip flop against the Crow Distress. It works rather well.

Now my buddy Jon uses a program call Audacity to splice download calls together and makes 20 minutes calling sequences. I have removed some of my calls of my FX3 and replaced them with some stuff he has made.

Jon starts off with some Come Here, then some Feeding, rolls it over to a Fight, followed with Distress and sometimes finishes with a Hawk Fight. That works pretty good to.

You can go to FoxPro and buy some more calls, but the really good ones you have to send it back for them to put on. Those would be calls by Bob Aronsohn.

Just curious why do you have to send if back to Fox pro ?

Back