Foxpro Fury turning itself off??

sendit223

Anybody else have this issue? It's been happening with regularity, and I've ruled out batteries. Very strange.

I'll be in the second stand of the day (or so) and about 10 minutes in it just stops playing in the middle of a call. If I walk over to it, turn it off, turn the remo off and "reboot" we're good to go. Obviously this "fix" isn't going to cut it as it's happened on some prime stands.

I have to send it in for another reason, but thought I'd ask the group if there's a known problem.

Yes I had the same problem with 2 Prarie Blasters,1Fury and 1FX3. The guys at Cabelas also tried new batteries and it was not very cold inside the store.TJ in Mitchell S D even said he he would bring one they had in stock out to Custer for me on his day off. But that one also shut off. Thank You TJ for the great service.

Mine has done it also, but I THINK my problem might be the batteries because any time I crank up the volume really high, 30+, it will stop playing, or if I use the decoy and crank the volume up it will do the same. Pretty sure its the batteries. By the way, I am still on the first set of batteries, 8 D cell, and I am referring to the Prairie Blaster! Gonna swap the batteries out soon to see if things improve!

sendit223. If you are using alkaline batteries that could be your problem. Alkaline loose voltage when used in a fast drain mode such as powering a speaker. I think that your unit has a low voltage shut down circuit. NimH loose capacity but the voltage remains constant as they are depleted. If you are not using rechargeable batteries then try them. If you are using them then my suggestion is mute.

I had the same problem with my Fury when using regular Duracell alkaline batteries. Turned off after 9 minutes. I've never had the problem when using lithium or Foxpro rechargable batteries.

Thanks for the rechargable suggestion. I'll try it. I have been getting lazy -- have the rechargables, but didn't plan ahead and charge so yes I was using alkalines.

Back