R15 Pistol Grip can you change

rickyb

Who has added to or changed out the pistol grip on the R15. I read a post awhile back where someone put the Bryon South grip on.

On my first R-15 I did.Look in the bottom hole in your pistol grip with a flashlight.You will see a allen screw and it has a loc washer on it.All you need is a long allen wrench (can't remember the size)and unscrew it.When you pull it off you will see a little spring!!Don't lose it!!Keep these parts!! When you put your new one on (I used euro grip same a South model)It comes with directions and is very simple.Has another little piece I think the trigger guard and goes on easy too. .Just don't over tighten(just snug tight) and be sure to add a drop or 2 of blue Loc tite.

That's why these ARs are so great, and fun to own. You can make them anyway you want just by swapping out parts and accessories. About the only other firearm that is so customizable would be 1911 handgun or perhaps a 10/22.

Might have been me mentioning the switching of the grip to same one on Byron South model. Bobcatspotfever hit the nail on the head explaining change out procedure. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/60119-7.html Here is the link to the grip. Was a very nice upgrade from original and fits my hand alot better. Grip and trigger are the only upgrades(other than mags) I've done to mine and its night and day different.

The spring that comes out of the grip during changeout is for the saftey selector and acts as a stopper for keeping it on safe or fire. When you have your grip off move the safety selector and you'll see what I mean

Quote:The spring that comes out of the grip during changeout is for the saftey selector and acts as a stopper for keeping it on safe or fire.

Yeah, there's also a detent under the spring, too. Mkae sure that doesn't get left out. If you sit the lower in your lap, grip up, you can do the swap in about 2 minutes without tipping the spring/detent out the hole.
wink.gif

Just did mine this afternoon. Went with the Hogue OD green grip. Very simple swap. It takes a 3/16" allen wrench. Very nice improvement.

Originally Posted By: lanoleJust did mine this afternoon. Went with the Hogue OD green grip. Very simple swap. It takes a 3/16" allen wrench. Very nice improvement.
Did mine this evening, Hogue Ghille Tan.

Back