Finally got my 2nd yote and it's a hog

Razor,

I was there 3-4pm by stream that runs below the powerline. I was with my cousin and we had another spot to go to in Alergerville that has produced in the past. Tons of tracks all over and hunted into darkness until 6:30.

I also noticed your on Ulstercountysportsman.com. Cool new local site I hope to see more on predator hunting and success rates.

Last edited:
Ny pred, man thats funny because I was about 3/8 of a mile further up the road from you at the same time. You must have drove out just minutes before me. Don't knock your self for not seeing anything because of the logging on the other side of the hill from were you were that's all night time tracks. That is a nice site and I hope that it sticks around for awhile.

Razor, My cousin told me the area is a Haunted old abandoned town. I did some internet searching and he wasn't kidding!

Man, Night Hunting gives me the creeps sometimes, so i'm not sure if i will ever go there after dark! lol

We saw at least 8 diff sets of tracks and i am 90% possitive there was a set from a big Bobcat. It snowed lightly a couple days earlier so they are fresh tracks. Also there was bloody drag marks in snow so we followed another 10y and found a hind quarter with only skin and bone attached left, no flesh at all. being fresh snow and the presence of blood there must have taken a deer down close within a day or so.

Really I never heard that. The place did have alot of old buildings before it was turned over to the state. You did get a feeling that there was something around you when you went into any of them. The yotes were either comeing off the hill from across the road or from the other side of the river, but unless there was a crossing I dought it in this weather.

Look up Lundy Estate.

We were trying to cross the creek but as u said the water was running high and fast from the rain and warm weather a week or so ago.

We did hear somthing but couldnt get a visual in the timber. I thought i heard one coming in on other side of creek and then i saw a mountain biker riding along parallel to it. I was dumbfounded as we hadn't seen another soul or car in the area. Any ideas were he came from?

Back