Better of the cheaper scopes?

I took a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14 off a rifle today and replaced it with an old Tasco World Class. The Nikon is a good scope but that BDC reticule really sucks! That World Class was first on my 25-06, then my 6.5-06 and now back on the 6.5-06. Sighted it in today, 7 shots in the fog and clicks are very accurate still. But best of the cheapest may be the new Redfield, hope so. I ordered one today in 2-7x with the duplex reticule to replace the late 60's 1-4 Redfield on my 6.5x55. Under $140 including shipping from Midway. Guarenteed for like no matter who ownes it, built by Leupold. Won't be here till about march.

Originally Posted By: dsrtr8tLeupold Rifleman Around $200 If it ever breaks, they will fix it without hassle of receipt, etc.

You get that same treatment with the 150 dollar Redfield Revolution. Comes from the same Leupold factory and has the same warranty, for less money. I've got one on my Remington R25 and shot 30 rounds through it last weekend. I like it better than my 300 dollar Nikon Coyote Special, which I love, too. It is a remarkable bargain, and American made, to boot!

Last edited:
Try Vortex for 200.00 you can get the bdc and it works great on my 308. The coyote special scope is primarily made for a 223 50 grain or 22-250 55 grain. I have the 22-250 and the coyote special on it and it is deadly accurate out to 450 yards every bdc circle is right on. Good luck on your quest.

Originally Posted By: DrunkGooseWell... I kept saying "whats 20 more dollars" over and over again.... That is until I decided on a 4-12x40 Leupold VX-1... I got it for $250 though, I can't complain.

You made a good choice, I use VX-1s on alot of my rifles.I have never had an issue but if I do it will be fixed free of charge. If you decide to ever sell it, it will have a great resale value. I have tried other brands that " are just as good as Leupold" and have always replaced them.

Burris, Nikon, redfield are all brand that I have shot and have on my guns. All are food quality and have scopes in your price range.
As a last resort Bushnell Trophy line.

I have a theory that I live by when it comes to optics,
"Friends do not let friends buy bad optics."

Buy a good quality now. If you do not, and then it has to be replaced, you will spend more money in the long run.

Back