Minaska Problem

I purchased a Minaska Ultimate one about a year ago. When I try to register for the Minaska owners web page it says my serial number is invalid. Anyone else had this problem?

I also have Minaska problems. My M1 basic arrived last
friday. I tried to set up the sound software from the flash card but it has no zip file on it to do so. I started a thread on this site to resolve the issue but still nothing. I left a message on Minaska Outdoors answering machine the beginning of the week but still no response. I also have an invalid serial number problem. I like the little M1 unit and would like a little service to go with it.

bdadthurman,

Please shoot me an email with your serial number so I can look it up and get this taken care of for you asap.

steve@minaskaoutdoors.com

dweeks,

I have copied my reply to the other post in case you did not see what was going on with access to the Minaska owners website. Please let me know if you still have questions.

Quote:#1507944 - 02/01/10 01:25 PM

Hi

I'm a new member here from upstate New York looking for a little free info.
I have a model 512 JS that still works but have misplaced the wall charger. Does anyone have one that could give me the info off from it so I can buy one at Radio Shack. Need polarity of hook up and MA rating.
I also just bought a Minaska M1 basic. I can't get on the owners site because it says it is an invalid serial number. Any ideas?

Thanks for any and all info.
Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1508037 - 02/01/10 02:53 PM

dweeks and all,

Sorry for the confusion. There is an error on the website:

"1 year of free sound downloading at www.minaskaowners.com"

The M1 Basic is the only unit that does not have this included along with batteries, wall charger, camo and the full 100 sounds. The Basic comes with 30 sounds loaded...it will however still store and play 100 sounds.

Again sorry for the confusion - the error has been corrected.

Thank you!

Here is the link to the Sound and Print Utility. It should have been on the memory card but must have gotten left off your unit accidentally.

I have had luck speaking to a person at this contact info. I have called and spoke to someone three times. They said they know about the problem and have said three times they will email me a remedy for the problem and they don't. Physical Address Flambeau, Inc.
Consumer Division
15981 Valplast Road
Middlefield, Ohio 44062 USA
E-mail consumer@flambeauoutdoors.com
Phone 800.232.3474 (USA and Canada) or 440.632.1631
Fax 440.632.1581

For Retail and

Steve, I have the Ultimate one and have it for about a year and half. I noticed last week the members site would not let me on. What do I need to do?

nboost,

Is that something that is new? Everything looks good on the back end...I can reset the password if that is the issue..

Thanks,

Originally Posted By: Steve Borlandnboost,

Is that something that is new? Everything looks good on the back end...I can reset the password if that is the issue..

Thanks,

Yes, it just started the other day. It ask for my username and password, but it won't accept them. It must be a password issue. You can send me a PM and tell me what I need to do. Thanks

Minaska has always been one of my favorite Callers.
so much as I have Three (3),one of them being a custom built one.
for such a fine company.. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??
for a company to be successful it MUST have 3 key components.

1.QUALITY PRODUCT
2.REASONABLE Prices
3.FRIENDLY/RELIABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Minaska seems to be Lacking 2 of these.
Do you not realise that every complaint heard about your company is like a Credit report..

Please do not continue the trend as your company will surely
fall by the waste side..

Get your product out
Get your contacts out
Get your website up and running
Get your customer service out

Finally, When you tell a customer you will do something
KEEP YOUR WORD.

I STILL LOVE MINASKA

Joseph

I know this is an rejuvenated old thread. Steve Todd and Tony seem to be having some growing pains with the new calls and website. I have had decent luck emailing Tony, most times he emails back the same day. There is no easy way to access the owners forum currently and the sound library is still offline. I assume Minaska is working on it, it's almost September.

thanks for the update.

I will by all means keep things current from now on.
I just get upset that all I see on any forum about MINASKA.
is that they never have anything good to say about them.
except all the time complaining..

I am by no means trying to start or create any problems

thanks Fred..

Joseph

I'm pretty sure that they are real busy with all the recent changes. I was in to their shop a month ago and got 2 calls upgraded and a few other items fixed. Their new board for the calls is impressive! Loud but no static [white noise]. Their new shop is just down the street about 2 miles from me. I've had good luck calling them . The email is a bit slow but I know their busy. They have a lot of new things coming and some great ideas for others. Not sure whats up with the forum but I would like to see it come back also. All good things take time. Mike

I was thinking about upgrading my bandit, but will wait because I have no problems with it. I can't get on the forum or sign in to their web sight anymore but the caller is working fine. The only problems I've ever had were with the remote(they fixed that about 5 years ago) the on/off volume switch is easy to accidently turn on(I just disconnect a battery lead after charging and reconnect at the first stand) and sometimes the flash drive unplugs after hiking 5-6 miles. I'm still running mine on the original battery. It may not have all the bells and whistles but its my most reliable e-caller.

I guess I should try to re-register, sign in has a new format(user name&password instead of email&password) It would be nice to see what new sounds they have.

Back