Success with Foxpro sounds?

NY Yote hunter

I am picking out sounds for the foxpro spitfire I am going to order. Anyone have any favorite sounds from foxpro that they have alot of success with? Any input would be greatly appreciated, there are so many sounds foxpro has, and I can only pick out 24 of them.

I always finish up my dry stands with these sound you'll be suprised at the results. Give them a couple minutes then turn caller off and wait a minute before you leave!

226 Scream-n Gray Fox
224 Gray Fox Distress
225 Gray Fox Pup

NY Hunter, Do you know of anyone selling Spitfire that has them in stock right now? I just sold my Power Dogg and was going to get the Spitfire but looks like im goin to be using the hand calls for a while!

Seems to be quite the hot item......

Originally Posted By: Brian Stewartalso try the snowshoe HP (high pitch) this is one of the best sounds on there.

I agree. That is my probably my favorite sound. Get the grey fox sounds. Scream n grey and grey fox distress.

dsg cottontail
Cals cottontail
lucky bird
cranky cardinal
scream n grey
grey fox distress
scream n rabbit
snowshoe hp
snowshoe 2
lightning jack
vole squeaks

Thats all i can think of. There are plenty more good sounds just cant think of em.

This might seem strange but try the black backed jackal as a locator. Me and my bro bought a 16 pack of sounds a few weeks ago and we couldn't decide on what the last sound should be so just as a goof we tried the jackal and it actually got them buggers to howl back. Go figure.

I am going to order it through Foxpro but I am goin to have to wait six weeks till they ship it out. By the time it comes the season will be over, but I got the money right now so I might as well spend it!

Ok so here is the list I came up with. Feel free to tell me if I have something in this list that stinks, or that shouldn't be in it.

DSG Cottontail
Cals Cottontail
Lucky Bird
Cranky Cardinal
Scream n Grey fox
grey fox distress
Scream n rabbit
snoeshoe HP
lighting Jack
vole squeaks
Blue jay distress
coyote locator
Fem Coyote long howl 1
Fem yodel howl
Coyote pup screams
Coyote pup distress 3
Coyote male challenge 4
Fem Coy. Challenge
Grey Squirrel Distress
Bay Bee Cottontail
woodpecker distress
Pup Howl
kitten distress 1
snow shoe 2

here's some of the ones I use. Just go over the sounds from there site or all predator calls site to hear them so you don't get ones that sound close.
Lucky bird
white tail distress
high pitch snow shoe
gray squirrl distress
turkey distress
coyote&rabbit

Originally Posted By: NY Yote hunterDoes the Coyote Locator that fox pro has work?

I have the Fury
I actually was upstate in Deleware county in Roxbury over the weekend and tried workin with the coy. Locater.

it seemed to get them howling at a distance but couldnt get them to come in closer... I tried two sets with a minute and half between.. they would call back but not come into the immediate area.. they stayed at a distance.

it does get a response which is exactly what its supposed to do

I had a coyote come in to "Screaming Rabbitt" last week at LBL. A friend killed it with a shotgun!!

I prefer the high pitched sounds. I also like "screamin gray fox"!!

Jim

You have some great sounds on your list, but i would opt for a little more diversity........definitely throw in a fawn distress & maybe turkey.....although not on my FP, i have heard of guys having great luck with kitten distress around abandoned farmsteads, would be fun to try!!

Although my part of Iowa doesn't have gray fox, i've got a couple red fox sounds on my FP......one is a combination red fox struggling with a cottontail.

You might also wanna throw in a couple crow fight sounds in case the yotes don't cooperate.....or if u have some down time this spring.......of course you could put those on a different card & leave your original list all predator sounds.

I feel your pain, 24 sounds is not near as many as it seems LOL!!

Back