Snow Camo Question????

I've used both types of camo, plain white and with a pattern, and then combinations of both. Currently I'm wearing a Prairie Ghost parka and some white Wal-Mart pull over pants. The pants are a nylon-type material and they work great over my insulated bibs or pants.

For me personally, if I were hunting out in the open snow with no vegetation, I would want all white clothing. All white practically disappears in the snow. I guess it depends on where you hunt the most. Then too, I'm not sure that it makes a great deal of difference, except that we all strive to blend-in as much as possible.

SingleCrow.jpg

PrairieGhostCrow.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

I use a Nat Gear Snow Camo Parka and have had good luck with it. My son uses the German military surplus snow camo with the splotches of what looks like pine needles here and there and it works as good as anything I've seen. I don't think it is really all that critical, just get some white on and most of all SIT STILL! The Nat Gear...

18520Winter_fun_.jpg

Unless you're sitting out on a fresh blanket of snow in fairly flat country, any of the snow-camo patterns will do the job. Set up by any small tree or bush and you'll vanish with any of the snow-camo patterns out there and a good white facemask. Put some white tape or paint the rifle white and you're good to go.

Quote: New two the forum but i have hunted coyotes in IL for 12+ years. I like my Natgear snow, blends in good with woods and chisel plowed fields here in IL.

I agree. I use a Natgear parka top and my bud uses the coveralls. It just makes me giggle every time I watch him set up in a tree line and disapear. It has worked very well in the cut fields, tree lines, and wooded areas. I have another friend that uses the plain white military pull overs. It works good in the open snow covered fields in the prone position, but you can pick him out when the terrain starts to beak up. I don't know if a critter would be able to though.

Back