IL 01 30 dog

Hunt4em

I havent had much luck calln lately.I went out this morning sun rose a little before seven. Walked a little under a half mile or so to where i was going to call. A farmer had recently gave me permission to hunt do to coyotes killing his calves last spring.Set up had started with a few freindly howls with no responce.Tryed dsg indisstress and howling some more. Still no takers.
By now it was 7:45 put the fox pro on Ki Yi and gave some light howls along with it.Seconds later one appers off to my left at the bottom of the hill.
He finally gave me abroad side shot at about 125 yards.Put the cross hairs on him and squezed the trigger of my Rem.222. 55 grs sp dropped him in his tracks. I was setting to the left of the pine tree.
This was my late grandpas gun and was glad to have it with me.I was going to put it back in the safe and get the 22-250 back out when i thought lets see how many more we can get with it.
Hope you enjoy the pics and story Hunt4
hunting011.jpg

hunting010.jpg

hunting009.jpg

Big congrats Hunt4em! What is the story with that funky bolt handle? Looks pretty cool. Was going to go this am. but wused out because of the wind. You have given me inspiration to try sun. am. if my hangover isn't too bad. Taking a bus to the blues hockey game tonight with 25 of my closest friends!

Thanks As the bolt goes dont know cant find any other like it . It is a remmington mohak 600 and my uncles bolt is the same on his 600 . Guess thats the way they designed it.It is easy to get a hold of with gloves on.

The Remington 600 and 660's used the same action as the old XP-100 handgun. The trigger on them was unique in that they use a wire linkage to connect the trigger to the sear mechanism. You need to take extra care to keep that linkage clean or it can accidentally fire when you don't intend for it to. Otherwise they are a great little rifle. I had one like it and sold it many years ago. Wished I had it back many times since.

That model in 222 is the most rare. Especially one that is in as good of condition as yours looks. Take good care of it - hunt with it, but never get rid of it.

Thanks for the info on that I have never had it completly apart to see how the trigger mech worked.
I have looked on gun sites to try to find out the value but couldnt find them chambered in 222. It will be passed down to my kids

Back