What a Fun Weekend!!

vargy49

So much went on I dont even know where to start!! LOL
Dtom got here around noon on Friday. Emerald Terriers got here about 12:45.Bob and Shelly and their 2 boys!! Josh my son and about 4 other buddys were already here. We got loaded and headed out with the little dogs and my 2 stags Liz and Libby.
First barn that we went to Some one locked their keys in the truck!! I wont mention any names!! LOL
here is Bob trying to get his intenna off to use as a wire to slid in side the window!! LOL

CIPIG-ETerriers-11.JPG

He got it off but the button would not unlock the door for some reason.

HQNLU-ETerriersd-10.JPG

I called a buddy and he got there and 5 mins later was in the truck. The others hunted the barn while we were messing with the truck and all the found was one small grinner.
Next barn the dogs located In the floor of the hay mow. We looked and looked and couldnt find the critter with out taring a bunch of floor up.
Moved to a out side shed and found 3 coons in there. 2 of them bolted and made den trees before the dogs caught them.
Next stop was the old school house.
Right away the dogs located under the floor. The coons could cross side ways from rafter to rafter and the dogs has to come all the way out and reenter the next hole. We spent the next 2 1/2 hours there with the dogs working their butts off. We walked out of there with 6 coons and some wore out dogs!! The owner was out there with us and he thought that we and the little dogs were all crazy!! LOL
GVCRN-ETerriers-9.JPG

EHUDD-ETerriers-8.JPG

The back side.
MFQYQ-ETerriers-7.JPG

I did get a pic of one with the stags helping as draw dogs!!

ZMLSY-ETerriers-6.JPG

We called it a day and headed back. Got the dogs all doctored up and coons skinned and ordered a couple pizzas!!.
Yankee and Caincando doe there around 9:00
Next Morning we were all up early and loaded 4 hounds and the stags and went looking for a coyote. Beaver came over with his set of stags!!
Drove for a bit and decided to push a creek with my truck. Shelly and her boy was riding shotgun with me.
I just finished the drive and Beaver hollars that a coyote had just come in the section that I just run. We got turned around and could see it coming into the creek.
I get every one set to watch the exscape routes and head down the creek. The coyote breaks out on the wrong side but is heading for the open country.
No body ever got a eye on it so I went back and found the track and put Hunter and Bear on the track. They run the track good until they get on the top where the snow had blowed off and was just ice.
About that time my son is driving my blue truck and heads down a dirt road thats is drifted shut!! Yep he gets stuck. I pulled in to pull him out and I get stuck to.
Reddawg pulls in and pulled me out with his Toy!! I get Josh out and in the mean time Bob had spotted the coyote heading south. I get south and it was in a guys famr that loves coyotes that we let him go.
I drive another section and get stuck in a drift. Josh gets me pulled out and drive another section and try crossing a water way that had ice on it and broke through the ice and really got stuck. That one took 2 trucks hooked to me to get out!! LOL
We decide to hit one more before we load Terriers up and hit the barns.
This is where I have the bait pile set up.
Dtom is riding with my son Josh. I send him in from the east rode and I head in from the west side. Shelly spots a coyote right away. I am giving diretions where the coyote is heading. Beaver is on the south rode and should have him in his lap.
I tell Shelly and her boy to hang on that its going to get a little western!! LOL We are heading for the south road and can still see the coyote on the hills. We get a 1/4 off the south road and the coyote had decided to head west!! right in front of us. I try cutting it off but he made the ditch before I got there . I slide the truck side ways and send the stags!! He had a good 1/4 mile on the dogs but there could see him.
We watched as they made the road. They had closed the gap to about 10 feet. Some one seen my young dog Rip take a spill on the road head over heals. I could see they were going to go right through the farmers yard right next to the house.
We head out to find a drive to get back in the race.
Beaver got there and sent his set with mine. Bob got to see the catch. He said Dog (My big red male) made the catch. He rolled the coyote and Liz and Liddy was on the yote right away.

I only took Babe and Casey with us and they both got out on the catch.

CJEGG-ETerriers-5.JPG

Beaver had caught Hunter and Bear from the first coyote so they came out with beavers stags when he sent his.

BIDEG-ETerriers-4.JPG

Old Sleepy got his foot stuck in the coyotes mouth and really took a chewing on his foot.
Shelly and I with the tail gate pic!!

QTXLL-ETerriers-3.JPG

We loaded up and went home and got the Terriers. I didnt get alot of pics but a few. I think some of the others got some.
The first house we hit was the one we got 16 out of last year.
Dogs located right away and found a little coon in the kitchen. We get up stairs and they find a bigger one in there.
Some of the guys were out side and the dogs found one in a old car and ended up being 5 coons in the car.
We get up in the old garge and they lcated right away and found 2 more big coons in there.
We head for the house that we got 27 out of last year. We find 2 home in this house. Check a out side building and Reddawgs little pats find a Grinner in there. Check another building and Copper locates. He gets down in the trash. We move it out of the way and he is under a slab of concrete. I am able to just reach his hind leg and pull him out.
We head for some dinner at MccDonalds!! LOL
I got one more house to check about 10 miles away.We get there and its in pretty bad shape. We check it out any way and the dogs locate right away in a wall. After looking and looking we finally find the coon strait above in the ceailing. 2 big coons home in there. There is a big hole in the floor right where we were standing and when the first coon came out the dogs were on it and one dog fell through the hole to the basment.
The 2nd coon came out and I am trying to pull the coon away from that hole and fell and the dogs were on top of me fighting the coon!! LOL
That coon ened up falling through the hole and the dog that fell already was down there which I think it was Caincandos dog Wiley. He kept the coon until we got more dogs tossed down the hole.
We head for another barn.

PQXFX-ETerriers-2.JPG

That barn was full of coons. I think we had 2 or 3 get away from us and still got like 5 or 6 out of there.
One got out side and I seen where it went. It went under a little shed on skids. We got some bars and pryed it up with some blocks and the little dogs could get under there then.
We had time for one more place to check. First barn Copper and sadie located in the straw. we got dug down and the ritter must of moved cause we couldnt find it.
Went across the road. put 6 Terriers up and Shelly stayed down with Bell her Airedale.
It was one in seconds. The 3rd coon tryed bolting off the side and Jeff tryed grabbing it and he fell off the mowe with the coon!! LOL Some how he didnt get hurt!! LOL
We ended the day with 22 coon and one coyote with the stags.
My last years count was 147 coons. We ended this year with 148 coons.

url]

Thank You Bob and Shelly and Boys.Dtom, Yankee and Brian Cain. Reddawg and all the other guys that came.
I know I am as tired as the dogs are!! LOL Must be getting old!! LOL I had a great time with some great dog work with some great new friends!!

Vargy

I had a blast Vargy. Saw some awesome dogs work and we really laid a smack down on the coon. Some came easy and some both us and the dogs really had to work to get. Vargy is a hunting machine and really set the pace for a fun filled weekend. We had some fast paced hunting at times but plenty of time to just let the dogs work and stand around and BS with a good group of guys. Start to finish it was well worth driving almost 800 miles round trip.

Thanks again.

Tim

I have some pics but it will take me awhile to upload them with only having dial up available up here in the sticks. LOL.

Holy Smokes Vargy, you're the coon killingest guy I know of. Good job, sounds like coon season is over for the year. Thanks for the great story.

Thank You!!

Yea Season might be closed here. Last day was today. but its still open in Minn!! LOL Sounds like I might make a trip up to visit Dtom!!
probly be a couple weeks. The little dogs needs the time off to get healed up!!

Vargy

Back