how to fix decoy heart

20t-n-t

How many of you have been in the heat of battle with a yote comming at about 150 yards locked on your decoy when all at once you hear this click and the decoy stops and so does the yote. It's happened to me not once but twice. I was so mad that I called the company and sent it back to them, they sent a new one and it happened again. this time it was in my yard. Then a light came on and this is what I did next.

1, Pull the fur off the heart.
2, get an old hanger from the closit.
3, find a drill the same size as the diamiter of the hanger, cut a 2" long piece of hanger out of the straight part of the hanger.
4, now hold the button on top of the heart down and drill a hole in the collar around the button. now while still holding the button down drill another hole straight across from the other.
5, you should be able to put that 2" pin through that pair of holes.
The pin will keep the button pressed down till you pull the pin. I also drilled a third hole to tie a string through and folded the end of the pin to make a loop to tie the string to. so ya won't loose the pin between sets.

Try it, you'll be happy with it as I am.

20t-n-t

My Decoy Heart stopped on me a couple of times. I found that if the little fur critter that fits over the ball isn't tight, it will somtimes cause the half to unscrew causing the switch to dislodge.
Solution:
Place a small piece of duct tap on the joint after you screw the top and lower halfs together.I also tighten the little fur critter to the ball via safty pin.
Works for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back