Badlands Upland Vest

tjfish

What do you guys think of the vest. I love my backpacks and wondered if the vest was worth it. If not what is your favorite vest to use? Thanks.
Tim

I was out the other day looking for a new vest, couldn't find one. I have a warm weather vest but the middle of this month I'm going on a three day trip that might be a bit cold. What I was looking for was a vest I could wear over my Carhart coat with a flannel shirt underneath, couldn't find it. Biggest size I found was 2X and it wouldn't do. In the past I carried a game bag I had my mother make for me from burlap. Was much better than the game bag in the back of the vest. Had a shoulder strap and the bag hung about my waist.

Got to looking around more and found a couple canvas fishing tackle boxes with plastic tray's in them I thought would work. To shallow and the inside lined with plastic. So on the way home I thought if I could find the material Carhart's are made from I might find an understanding lady friend that would make me a new game bag. Gonna be to late for this up comming trip though so will have to struggle thru with my fair weather vest somehow. Rat's!!!

Last edited:
I use this:

headwaters® gunner’s vest
Recipient of the Platinum Mega Honored Favorite Game Vest Certificate of Universal Merit. Fully adjustable strap vest style means you can wear it on a hot quail hunt or frigid grouse hunt, layering underneath or not as needed. Plenty of room for gear -- water bottles to first aid kits -- and lots of birds, too. Adjustable straps, mesh pockets, water bottle holder. Made in USA.

adjustable front straps
separate water bottle holder
mesh pockets for empty shells or live birds
inner back pocket with blood-proof lining
1000 Denier Cordura and tough nylon mesh

Sizes: Medium/Large Extra Large
Color: Blaze Loden
Quantity:
UD 1587 $99

Once I bought one I have used nothing else. The big advantage is that you can use them in any weather. I don't know why more people don't use them. You can wear whatever you need to underneath. It is simple, smart, and it works.

Here's a link for the vendor that supplied the info:

https://www.uglydoghunting.com/vests_men.php
Uglydog is a great company to deal with as well.

I have had a number of vest but I really like this one Strape vest from Wing Works. I have carried a pretty good size turkey in it this fall worked well , great vest for long hikes.

You can talk to the owner when you call as well , very impressed, with the details.

http://www.wingworks.biz/

Back