FIRST TIME USED,FIRST STAND,THE MIGHTY ATOM !!!!

BAYSTATE YOTE

Hi All
Got my new Mighty Atom M-15 today with a bunch of new sounds,well I unwrapped it set up the presets,tossed in some batteries that I robbed out of the 2030,I went down to a farm that I killed a three legged dog a month ago.I put my Atom and the Jack In The Box,50 yards to the north and 30 yards from the tree line where I expected the dog to come from,the wind was quartering northwest to southeast,so I had to set myself about 75 yards to the west(the woodline being east) the grassy knoll,was a bunch of old farm equipment for me to set up in,perfect.I went thru some sounds for a half hour then ,I went to the Female territorial and the Male territorial howls,WOW,these two sounds will raise the hair on your back they are so scary!!Well she came out of the woods and was running along the edge of the woods,until she saw the decoy,she stopped to take a look,and the R-15 barked!!!
thumbup1.gif
I think she will weigh in at about 30-35 lbs.
smile.gif

100_1516.jpg

100_1515.jpg

100_1520.jpg

That's always a nice way to break in a new piece of equipment. Congrats.

What are the demensions of that caller? Lenght, height, width? Thanks.

They say 5"x5"x9" but the bell of the speaker is larger,I will measure it,they say it weighs in at 5 lbs. with batts.
I will check it out. Shane

BayState,

Outstanding!

I like the methods on the stand - 30 or so minutes of various distress sounds, and then turning up the heat with some territorial barks - male and female.

That wise old 'yote had been hanging back in the trees until you made it clear she needed to take action.

Good post - cograts.

Mark Healy

BAYSTATE,
Did you trade in your older 2030 model or did you hold onto it? If you traded up, what was the deal/cost of doing so and did it include your original sounds plus 40 new sounds? Thanks.

Hi SCM
I was going to buy more sounds and get another remote so I could have preset crows on one and preset coyotes on the other.
When I looked into the cost,it was better just to get the new caller.I never considered trading in my 2030,it has rewarded me with years of service,and is still a bullet proof caller,plus I want to have a back up ,and I can use duel callers when crow hunting.
smile.gif

Good idea to keep a backup caller, you never know when you'll need an extra or two at once. Were you able to get your old sounds and new one's or just the 40 that came on the MA-15?

That's good to know that customers get to keep their originals and get whatever the new additional sounds are on the callers. You have a boatload on that thing, nice work.

B.M. said they will be recording more coyote and crow sounds this summer.I wish I had some sofisticated recording equipment,I have had some great vocalizations coming from coyotes that I have worked into the call!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEHi SCM
I was going to buy more sounds and get another remote so I could have preset crows on one and preset coyotes on the other.
When I looked into the cost,it was better just to get the new caller.I never considered trading in my 2030,it has rewarded me with years of service,and is still a bullet proof caller,plus I want to have a back up ,and I can use duel callers when crow hunting.
smile.gif

Wow! TWO WT callers. That's some serious cash! I've got a 2030 and was considering an upgrade to a MA. I would have had to trade in my 2030 because I can't afford two callers. I was advised that my 2030 is print near as good as the new MA (same sounds) so I'm keeping it. The MA looks to be a very compact and convenient unit to handle.

Hi Mifox
When I added up the sounds and the added remote was going to be, I was half way to a new call,so it made sense to buy the new unit.Also I purchased the 2030 in 2006 and it has given me great service with many yotes and thousands of crows called,I could not get rid of it,it has sentimental value to me,and it still has years of service left.
smile.gif

Given that bucks are tight for you why upgrade?Like you said your 2030 is still going strong and will continue in the future,plus in a few months WT will have a program for all of us, so we can put sounds on our machines our selves.
thumbup.gif

I guess I don't undertand why a hunter would want to have a programmable caller if he owns a WT. This is the 4th "brand" of e-caller I've owned, and the ONLY one that has all sounds recorded of real animals. IMO I've got the most effective group of sounds that one could possibly get for coyotes and the response rate I'm getting supports that claim. I do wish the female "chirp" or "whimper" had been available when I ordered my unit with the 40 sounds I wanted. If I was to buy a MA I would order the same sounds I have on my 2030.

Your right about the WT coyote sounds,I want to be able to put more crow sounds on my WT,and I may want to record some sounds and put them on also.The people at WT can not put other peoples (Johnny Stewart has all real sounds)sounds on thier call because of copy write issues.
As for the "Estros Chirp" do it on your hand howler.I still carry a open read howler to the stand just in case Murphy shows up.

Back