Holy Blizzard Batman!

mikegranger

We got hit with a mighty fierce blizzard this weekend. Coyote hunting has come to a screeching halt around here. All the county roads are impassable and most of the highways in Eastern Montana were impassable yesterday and today.

Here's looking out my front door.
IMG_0001.jpg

Front of the house.
IMG_0007-2.jpg

And me shoveling! Oh the joy!
IMG_0013.jpg

Same here mike..were about 75 miles west of you, but were just crazy enough to go out in the morning and give it a shot...just finished throwing in the tire chains and TWO shovels..as I don'nt want my pardner to feel left out when we get stuck
smile.gif

And your smiling
grin.gif
I don't miss those days, but they werent many enough to not miss the country. I remember days the drifts would go all the way to the barn roof and over the fences (windward side).

The guys that I feel sorry for are the blokes in Phoenix or Yuma. It gets so hot it is unbelievable. When it is cold you can put on more clothes but, when it's hot you cant take off enough clothes to stay cool.
Harvey7

I'll take about half of it & some cold to go with it the weather here on the west coast has been very mild & the hunting very slow. Dave

Harvey, once you get used to it it's all good. plus i can go into AC!!!!!! we don't do much in the summer unless it's early, like 0300! i don't do yard work, have my gardner do that! it is only 3.5 months and then we are back to beautiful!! 70 degrees and i'm freezing!!! only prob we have is the snowbirds wanting the same thing.....needs to be an open season on them!!!

Last edited:
What's all that white stuff Mike? Looks familier...I can't quite put my finger on it...Hmmm... Nope, I just can't place it.
blush.gif

We got 20-24" acouple weeks ago, it was deep here too. Good to have a snowblower, I wish I did! They don't plow 1/4 or more of our gravel roads. It is different hunting if you can't use any of the closed roads. Good thing I have no money to hunt, I don't have to worry about getting stuck! Do you have a snow machine to get to some of your locations?

We must be getting the same stuff in Iowa now. It's been blowing all day and are still in a blizzard warning until 4:00am

Feeling the Iowa pain... I'm from NW Iowa now in east central Iowa, we only got 3" or so but I made it 1/4 mile before I turned around on the way to work today... couldn't see the ditch, didn't know where the road was and couldn't see past the hood of my truck!

Tac.20, I'm originally from Spencer. Got the joy of driving home for the holidays during that 24" snowfall/blizzard! Parents in Spencer say the total added up to 30" in a week. It was a long enough drive to begin with, it got alot longer...

This time last year had 5' of snow on the level. Seems I plowed every day. Couldn't get to my spots, even with snow shoes. As a result, missed a lot of hunting days last winter. This year with El Nino, the storms have split north and south of us and as of today - no snow on the ground last week of January. Un heard of up here in the north. All this great weather has allowed me to get to all my good spots with success in most. I feel for you guys all snowed in.

Looks like a pile of it! I heard on the radio that some school in Minnesota kept kids there overnight because fo the blizzard.

Im living in fargo, ND. We didnt get the snow you guys got but man did we get wind. It was miserable. Especially when I somehow managed to get my suburban stuck. That was the worst wind I have been outside in. It was brutal to say the least. It just cut right to the bone.

That reason alone is why i stay here.. heck we were 90 just a day or two ago.. ive seen snow maybe 3 times in 30 years here.. and when I say snow maybe about couple inches not more than 4",.. really rare.

-Juan

Hey guys, sorry I haven't got back on to answer some of your questions. For some reason my internet went on the fritz right after posting this.

I really don't mind the snow or cold. Matter of fact, winter is by far my most favorite time of the year. It's all about what you get used too. I must admit not liking this much snow though. Not because we have to shovel it, but because it blocks access to so much of my hunting country. County roads aren't plowed if there's no house on it, which is a lot of Montana.

We've had more snow this year than last.

Back