Redfield 5 star scopes

nockhunter

Has anybody sent a Redfield 5 star scope out for repair? I have a 6x-18x that came on a rifle I picked up a bunch of years ago. The paralax ring is very loose and doesn't seem to work properly. I never used it, I removed it as soon as I got it home. I am thinking of getting it repaired, is it worth it? It came on a Ruger #1 .300 win mag, and was replaced by a Leupold 4x-12x vx-1.

Thanks
Mike

I have an old Redfield, LE II I think, 3x9x50 scope I bought and put on a Savage .308 about 18 years ago. It wasn't marketed as a Golden 5 star, It was purchased throught a Law Enforcement supply house, but that is what is on the lens covers that came with it. It is still a very nice scope. It has a circle above a smaller circle reticle. The top cirlce is used for 100 yard targets, the smaller bottom circle is for 200 yards, It is dead on with factory match ammo at both yardages. I put that rifle and scope combo together to use as a sniper rifle, then our agency found some money and purchased remmington's. The gun went into the safe for many years, just got it out to play with again a few years ago and found the gun still dead on and scope clear. I don't know if a 5 star is the same as the golden 5 star, but it was my understanding that they were a top of the line redfield scope back then. I still like mine and it ain't for sale.
I know that don't tell you if the new Redfield will repair an older model, but if it is as clear as mine it might be worth trying to get it repaired.

Last edited:
I was wrong, I got home this morning and pulled out the Savage. The scope is a Redfield LE 9, 3x9x50 scope.
HPIM0380.jpg

sorry for the blurry image best I could get with my camers

HPIM0380.jpg

HPIM0383.jpg

Best I could do trying to show the circle over circle image
HPIM0385-1.jpg

Since the Redfield name was just purchased by Leupold we are going to start seeing them again. At one time they were considered THE American hunters optic of choice. They will be offering a deer hunting scope for around $130.00

On Leupolds site they have a contact number for older redfield warranty work 305-860-4858
Redfield optics repair center ABO, Inc 2653 NW 20th St., Miami FL, 33142

Thanks, I have the info on the two companies that repair Redfield scopes. I was just wondering how well the five star scopes were made, and if it was worth sending it in for repair. It came on a rifle I picked up a while ago. I took it off and tossed it in the safe and forgot about it. I just bought a 22-250 and was shopping for a scope, then I remembered I had the Redfield. The paralax ring is loose and doesn't seem to be working. It is a 6x-18x so it would be a good choice for the rifle. Iron sight inc will change the reticle for $125 (I was thinking mil dot).

Thanks
Mike

Back