MOA charts????

Originally Posted By: BusterHow come you didn't choose yards instead of MOA?...

a chart with yards would be awesome, got any good places to make one?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but we use the JBM calculator, generate the table with our parameters and print it. I trim off the extra columns I don't use and tape it to the stock or ammo box. I wish I had the link for you but we changed computers and I haven't got all my shortcuts back. The address had "eskimo" in it if I remember correctly. Some one here will get it for you if that's what you're looking for. Hope it helps a little.

PS We also use the Leupold retractable charts on our long range guns. They are made of plastic but they work well and you don't have to take your face off the stock to get your clicks.

Last edited:
Are you just asking for clicks? That is a matter of how many clicks per inch
your scope is graduated in. Any ballistics program will print a drop chart and
most have a toggle for inches, mils or clicks. Based on the value of your scope
and loads you plugged in.

You can see at the top of the columns I can select mil, moa, inch, 1/8, 1/4 etc.... At the top of the chart I can choose "clicks" and pick what ever rifle/scope
I have entered in another part of the program with the click values of that particular scope.

SnapzProXScreenSnapz002-1.jpg

Last edited:
I guess that's my question. If given a choice, why would anyone choose MOA over simply having their turret marked in yardage? Sure seems a lot simpler to me to range and dial for yardage, rather than range, look at a chart, and dial clicks. Or am I missing something?

You can mark your turret any way you want. I use sight paint on 100 yard
increments. But the dials come marked in numbers of clicks. Yardage is only
good for one load.

Here's my system that's good to about 500-700 yds. depending on how big u need the numbering. I put it in a BC ocular cover for the fastest system of application i could think of--imprtant for the fleeter-footed prey (like a coyote). Obviously range, vertical reference then windage reference. No headers needed since it's always in that order. The 2nd pic is my reticle-ranging system based on the mil-ranging formula. This is placed in a BC Blizzard style cover (the kind that can be disassembled). I wanted the most efficient system of practical use i could think of--and it has certainly proven itself in that regard.

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

HPIM0168.jpg

Back