ACE Skeleton Stock installation...

Str8Shooter

I picked up an ACE skeleton stock yesterday. As I was looking at it I noticed that I probably need a new buffer tube for it. I currently have a collapsible stock on my R-15 an the tube for the stock doesn't look like it will fit.

Yes, the ACE uses a rifle buffer tube, same as the one for an A1/A2 stock. You need a rifle buffer and spring, too. Plus that spacer washer for the A2 stock.

Here, you need everything in this link except the stock:

A2 buttstock assembly

No, I don't believe you use the stock-spacer with the ACE FX stock. The receiver extension tube goes directly into the butt-plate of the stock.

You will for sure need a new receiver extension tube, buffer and operating spring.

If you have access to compressed air, blowing air under the foam tube is the easiest way to get it to slide over the receiver extension tube.

Quote:You will not need the stock spacer.

They must have changed the design since I bought mine, because I'm using the spacer. Maybe it came with the ACE, it's been a few years and I don't remember for sure.

DSCN0320.jpg

You can see it there, though.
confused.gif

Evil, that's not a picture of the spacer. What you are showing is the flange on the end of the receiver-extension tube. The spacer that is used on an A-2 stock actually is not visible, and goes on the far end of the receiver-extension tube.

What you are showing is exactly what a current ACE FX stock will look like when installed.

Quote:What you are showing is the flange on the end of the receiver-extension tube.

Ah, okay, my mistake. Sorry for the misinformation.
I forgot the details when I assembled it and don't have an A2 here to compare to.
Now that you mention it, I remember where the spacer lives. Duh!
crazy.gif

Back