Weaver Classic V vs Nikon Team Primos

singlecoil

The scope will go on a Stevens M200 in 25-06 w/trigger job and action glass bedded and will used for antelope, deer and coyote calling. I'm looking at the weaver 2-10x38 and the 3-9x40 in the nikon. Both are priced similar, just wanted some opinions from owners and or users. I'm open to any other suggestions in this price range also.

I have a Weaver 3-9x38 Classic V about 4 yrs. old and a few Primos.

To me everything about the Primos is better. The Primos has nice well marked turret knobs. Once the rifle is zero'd you can remove the center screw and lift the knob and place it at 0. Resetable hand turn knobs.

The smaller Weavers I own have coin adjustmen knobs with the outer disc that turns to set zero, similiar to Prostaffs older VX-I.

Primos has fast focus reticle, Weaver has American focus.

To my eyes the Primos has better optics, especially at lower light.

The Nikon Monarch UCC Primos model definately is a better quality scope compared to the Weaver Classic.

The only drawback is the Nikon Primos is only available with the BDC reticle which I personally can't stand.

Originally Posted By: MRhinefieldThe Nikon Monarch UCC Primos model definately is a better quality scope compared to the Weaver Classic.

The only drawback is the Nikon Primos is only available with the BDC reticle which I personally can't stand.

yep. sadly no crisp duplex. Though you have some nice knobs on the primos to crank in elevation and windage without pulling a penny out of your pocket to do it!

I have a Weaver 2x10 and while it is a nice scope it does seem to have a large black ring around the view, I don't mind but alot do, mine is used at the range and not as a hunting scope. I hear that the Weaver 3x9 is a better scope. I have a Sightron II 3x9 that I realy like and they were fairly inexpensive when I bought mine $169.

AWS

Originally Posted By: AWSI have a Weaver 2x10 and while it is a nice scope it does seem to have a large black ring around the view, I don't mind but alot do, mine is used at the range and not as a hunting scope. I hear that the Weaver 3x9 is a better scope. I have a Sightron II 3x9 that I realy like and they were fairly inexpensive when I bought mine $169.

AWS
That black ring is because you do not have your eye at the correct eye relief. Try moving the scope forward or back till you get a full picture. Eye relief position is fairly critical on the 2-10.

Jack

Back