Foxpro Question...

wilee.wade

Just purchased a new XR6. Have been looking at calls for a while and there was a good deal on this one (probably because it is an older model). I am excited to use it (like any new toy) but can't get it to work. I put a new 9 volt in the remote, and 2 of the AA batteries are new (Energizer) and the other 2 are slightly used (also Energizer - stolen from TV remote). The unit turns on and blinks (only 2-3 times) and then off. I can't get any sounds to come from the unit. I have checked w/ computer and there are sounds loaded on it (as advertised). I have read from many topics on here that good rechargeable batteries are important. Do you guys think that is all it is, or am I doing something wrong? Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Usually a blinking light on electronic gizmos is an indication of low batteries or some other battery related problem. I would get 4 NEW AA good quality alkaline batteries for the caller and see how that goes. Make double sure they are all installed correctly.

You really should not need rechargable batts to use the caller.

Doggin' - It says in the manual that it is supposed to blink for several seconds. This one only flashes for a couple of seconds, wondering if the batteries aren't strong enough to finish the set up or if there is something else wrong. Thanks for the response.

Wade

I don't have an XR6, but was just looking at the manual online to see if I could find anything that might help. When you turn it on, it says that the green LED should blink for several seconds as it sets the internal microprocessor parameters. Is it blinking several seconds, or just 2-3 times and that's it? If the batteries are low or reversed, that LED should continue to blink. It's possible your batteries from your remote are really low and it isn't even picking up the low battery. I'd try 4 new AA's and see if that helps. Also make sure that you put the rotary volume knob on the caller half to 3/4 way to just check you're getting sound. That rotary button is used to set your MAX volume that you can get from the remote. Make sure at least one of the speakers is in the ON position too, just in case they were both OFF. I've done it before and thought something was wrong with the caller. Let us know what you find out or what it takes to get it working. Hope that helps.

It is only blinking a 3 times (the third blink is real abrupt) like it is being shut off in the middle. I hope it is just the batteries, I am excited to put this thing to work this weekend. I have made sure that I have at least one switch "on" was thinking I pulled a bonehead move at first, but I have checked that multiple times now. Thank you for the help.

Wade

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I figured it out, I was just being an idiot... The volume was not turned up enough to hear it. For what ever reason I thought the manual said that it went to full volume when reset. Instead it goes to minimum volume and you need to turn it up each time you reset it.

Thanks again,

Wade

Back