Dasher's female for sale GOOD NEWS

Dasher

She has a new home for her and her likely new pups. I hate to interupt the posts going on in Devin's behalf but time is of the escence here. My female has been in heet for a couple of weeks and we have tried to keep her isolated in her own kennel, but she has figured out how to get out and over the fence with our male. she has been bread by him a few times that we have seen. We do not want this breeding right now so we have a couple of choices. We will either sell her in this condition for $350 or have her spayed next week. She is a great dog, a bit stuborn when she is hunting but very managable with tone collar. She has been on several coyotes and dogged them well, also mabey 20-30 coon, and badger. Very nice female and would make someone who would spend some time with her a great dog. She is 3 years old in February and comes form Mr. David James stock. If anyone is interested let me know before Monday of next week. We do not want to have her fixed if she can be used somewhere else. Thanks, Dasher

dogs221.jpg

dogs237.jpg

dogs223.jpg

dogs228.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how it is with dogs, but I had an "oops" with a stud getting in with a mare one time. The vet gave me a shot to bring her back into heat again, did the trick, with the stud well away from her that time around. Maybe an option?

Originally Posted By: shortcake20I don't know how it is with dogs, but I had an "oops" with a stud getting in with a mare one time. The vet gave me a shot to bring her back into heat again, did the trick, with the stud well away from her that time around. Maybe an option?

There is something similar for a dog, it doesn't bring them back into heat I don't think, but it can prevent her from carrying pups this time around. It's worth a call to see if your vet offers it.

I just called the vet and they do have it, but said that if she was last bread a week ago, it no work. Tell me differant if you think that is wrong. thanks

Originally Posted By: ajneal30Originally Posted By: shortcake20I don't know how it is with dogs, but I had an "oops" with a stud getting in with a mare one time. The vet gave me a shot to bring her back into heat again, did the trick, with the stud well away from her that time around. Maybe an option?

There is something similar for a dog, it doesn't bring them back into heat I don't think, but it can prevent her from carrying pups this time around. It's worth a call to see if your vet offers it.

this is a option but iv'e heard of females skipping heat cycles or very spradic cycles. also heard of them having stillborn pups.

There is a shot that will work at any time, but you risk making the dog infertile. They say there is a chance of burning the ovaries.Most Vets will not sell it to a person unless its for health reasons.

The shot that my vet gives has to be within 48 hrs of accidental breeding. I have also heard of the shot that Duane is talking about but have never personally used it or know anybody that has. Jamie

I had a blue heeler that got bred and we gave her the shot and she never whelped a pup. She did come back into heat after that and it was then that I got her fixed.

I have used a shot late term, on more than one dog, the first time was when I bought one, and found out about 4 weeks later she was bred. She "sluffed" the pups, and was able to breed again .I raised a litter off her two years later.But we have used a shot on some cow dogs, and they never bred again.Just my experience.

Sorry to here about this. I sure wished I could get her! I personaly think you should give her the shot and take a chance. I would hate to see her get spayed, she has the nicest pups I have been around. Only if I lived closer to you.

Lucas

GOOD NEWS! She will not be spayed! She is going to a new home in Montana where she will keep company with one of our board members that got two pups from us on her first litter. We're excited to know she will be going to a new home that will love and use her. Thanks every one for your concern and nice comments. D

Back