What do you guys wear coyote hunting????

renowolfpack7

More specifically how many of you guys wear the performance wicking type of clothing or the scent lock, silver threaded stuff? Like Under Armour or Sitka, stuff like that? Do you go with the base layer, mid layer, outer layer or water proof layer? Do you stick with all one camo pattern or do you mix it all up? I’m talking all year round not just this time of year.

tt2.gif

Last edited:
I wear Patagonia or Firstlite wool or Elite ASAT long underwear and layered tops just depends on the temp. Carhart pants, a fleece jacket and ASAT camo leafy suit.This system isn't bulky I can put on or take off what I need to stay warm plus it keeps me dry.Keeps me warm and very well hidden no matter what the condition.

Originally Posted By: NdIndyThong and high heels.

Eeekkk!
smile.gif

I don't wear anything fancy. Most have coyote blood stains up and down it and barbwire rips in the crotch, so I don't spend much money on calling clothes. Usually Carhartt pants and a Desert Shadow shirt with matching jacket if cold. For longjohns, I prefer the polyproplene from the Army surplus.

Tony

I dont even want to think about you in that......
sick.gif
laugh.gif
!

I just wear my standard camo jumpsuit.

skins as a base layer, they really make the difference, believe the hype, I still have them from my running days, plus some Nike, Adidas, UA running stuff that keep you warm and allow your body to breathe, you don't want to get that sweat get cold on ya, it drains your body temperature in NY minute, warm layer is a military sweats and some wool sweather/pullover and outer layer is RealTree camo jacket and warm trousers....

The most important thing for me is a wicking base layer. As soon as I break a sweat hiking to or from a stand wearing standard cotton/cotton blend underwear, I'm damp all day. I use the Polartec bottoms. The top I like the best is a Woolrich 1/4 zip that feels like cotton but wicks.

The second best thing I've got are my original Sitka Celsius pants--warm, water-resistant and relatively quiet. (Yeah, Tony, it takes a lot of sewing to keep 'em going.) The camo pattern is OK for the desert but I really like the King's Desert Shadow pattern. I use their TX jacket, I think. I layer with Sitka a shirt and vest as needed. Awesome stuff.

For snow I use the King's Snow Shadow bibs and TX jacket.

Does any of this stuff make me a better caller? NO, but it makes me comfy while I'm doing it!

NdIndy,
That's Wrong! Just plain Wrong! (Thanks for the laugh.)

Using Kings Snow Shadow right now. Predator spring green during spring, summer and early fall.

Tony if you rip your pants on the fences,take a 12 or 15" square of old carpet and lay it on the barb wire.then you can leave it for when you come back or take it and sit on it.i have done it for years it works great. I don't wear anything fancy either,most of my shirts are wearing out because they are the old realtree alpurpose grey that they haven't made for about 20yrs.

I am cheap. I wear some carhart type bibs that are not camo and generally a camo jacket from Walmart or just a lined flannel. I have as much luck with earth toned color clothing as I have camo. Much of the area that I call has light brown grass that matches my bibs perfectly. When it is real cold I layer up with more cheap layers. I do have some wool clothing and underarmor if I have to do a lot of grunt work.

I wear a wicking base layer then fleece. I go with a gore tex outer layer. Then I have a grey wolf woolens predator snow camo cover ups to blend in. I hate cotton, it is like a sponge when it comes to sweat. The man made material get it away from your body so you can keep your warmth. I have several different pairs of boots for the current temp and I use wicking socks.

Well....I was going to wear my thong & high heels...but no one wants to show up at the dance wearing the same dress.....darn it.

i wear clothes camo kind.
and how ever much coats and coveralls nessisary.
all different kinds of camo to old faded car-harts when out in the short grass they work great.
everything from mossy oak real tree too many brands to remember.
i could never wear the thong that would be a sight not fit for man nor beast. high heals would get stuck in the sand in summer and roll off rocks when callin bobcats.
i have thought about some lingerie some frilly lace stuff

Last edited:
The only fancy stuff I wear is Under Armour long underwear if it's cold. The only reason I wear that as opposed to the cheap stuff is the fact I got some for free.

Nate

Danshuntinggear.com (I think that's the site)coat and bibs. 100% waterproof and warm as heck too, only were my underarmor underneath (and thong of coarse it helps enhance my mouse squeaker). This hunting gear is great for everything, no camo pattern, awesome for heavy brush. I use a white sheet (snow), MOBU sheet (fence rows), and a custom camo painted sheet in my pack and cover up with whatever the terrain calls for. The sheet covers some motion when running the caller or any other movement. I have a hole cut in the middle of the top for my head and one for my hand and leave the gun outside the sheet on my lap. Its quick and easy at each stand and inexpensive too. Have some Scent Blocker for early and fall bowhunting but don't use it for the yotes.

For camo Google up the article on PredatorExtreme magazine about coyote vision and read the one on here. I think for your neck of the woods, desert camo or digital would be great.

When it is cold (down to zero) here I wear 3 layers, epedition weight long johns, usually lined jeans and a waterproof camo pants, and on the top, LJ's, cotton layer to absorb sweat, then fleece jacket and waterproof parka. My standard stuff. I usually carry a Desert BDU jacket and a winter snow jacket for over the top depending on conditions.

When it is really cold, I break out the heavy duty stuff. I don't think you will have temps as cold as here.

Back