6.5 Grendel and now 264 LBC

Kino M

Staff member
Well guys the SHOT show is going on and there is some "news" on "more" 6.5s to come. Les Baer and Hornady HAVE announced to make a "new" rifle/cartridge combo called 264 LBC. The bullet that hornady has for it is the 123 gr. AMAX and they are making brass stamped 264 LBC as well. Black hills is also making some ammo for it as well. Now, the "new" chamber has a different lead in,(this was told to me by Les) thus allowing a little more velocity (50-80) and is supposed to be more accurate than the standard grendel. The good news is that the "new" chamber will shoot both ammo fine and vice vercey. I know it is pretty dang confusing to us, but it appears to me that this "new" chamber/cartridge is more like an improvement on the original. Kinda like the 6.8 SPC evolution. Also, there will be no royalties for anyone to chamber this like alexander arms charges for the grendel.
I am in the process of a build and mine will be chambered in this new dimension as I will be using it mostly in the 120-130 grain range anyway. I hope this helps the 6.5 take off more as this little round has some AWESOME potential in the regular AR platform. Check up on the ballistics of the 65.....pretty impressive. Hopefully some bolt rifles from the factory will soon follow. A model 7 remmy in this would be an awesome rifle for kids or females for deer.
BTW, Bullmastiff-----TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

Last edited:
Back