stocky thumb hole stocks for savage model 110 in 270

bigdog31

Just wondering on your opions of the stocky stocks. The only one i have found for this particular rifle says it is for a center feed, pretty sure mine is a stagger feed. willl it work. Also What do you think of the lam. stocks good bad ugly?

Take a look at www.boydsgunstocks.com. I replaced my Stevens 200 .243 and couldnt be happier. They are a steal for that rifle at $92
Boyds+Stock+on+Stevens+200.jpg
The staggered feed will work witht he Boyds stock the center feed is a different spec, and wont match up.

One last note on the Boyds, is if you currently have a "plastic" stock your action screw won't be long enough to screw in. You can remedy this in two ways.

One get a new screw from Savage for the same rifle but the wood stock version,
or two, what I did, was pop out the plastic grommet from the action screw hole and grind 1/4 to 1/3 of it off, slide it back in and your good. You'll want to make sure you see how much of the screw currently "shows" when inserted in your current plastic stock, and only grind off that much (or less)from the grommet. If you have a wood stock, youre good and dont need to do anything.

Mine is very comfortable. The barrel is completely floated and not touching from the "screw" point in the action. Its 1/2" longer than the stock,...stock. I really would like to get another one to replace my WW 116, but my WW shoots so well I can't get myself to do anything to it.

As far as shooting goes, I shoot better with it than the stock stock because it fits so darn well and natural for me.

It IS heavier than a plastic stock. My Steven's shot very well in the 1st place, and wasn't hurt by this change. It was helped and stabilized quite a bit with this stock due to the more natural hand position. I get "sighted" in better due to the cheek riser.

I REALLY like it, it was a good purchase. The only down side was you could see where they had appeared to do a little finishing work in the well on the inside under the barrel, and it didn't appear to be finished with, what ever it is they use to finish. I just painted on some marine epoxy over the "missed" spot.

I have the same gun with the Boyd's thumbhole in the pepper lam and love it . I got the unfinished or VIP stock as it is listed on thier sight . My four year old son and I done the final sanding and finish on it and we both put our names in the barrel channel before we put the finish on it I also piller bed the action on it shoots great I don't think that you will be disapponted with it ..

HAve you guys ever shot the 90 grain barns bullets with your .270. My bro is shooting these with some load he worked up. they are wicked fast and accurate. but they are boarder line comprosed. not sure of the powder but i know he is useing a mag. primer. any thoughts? Im not going to be shooting them but he swears by em.

Back