Does the Foxpro Work? Is it worth the money?

R15 Pred, In all honesty this is a tough place to be critical of Foxpro, let alone even ask an honest question, like you have. Alot of folks are earning with them, and others, that are having success with their callers are loyal to them.

I think you should use what works for you and it sounds like you have the experience required to sort out what is going to suit you best. Lots of luck and welcome to the forum, take care, Brian

Thanks CT20 and MrGunslinger!

On a side note I sent a PM to BradMendrickson and he sent an email saying that he was not going to read my PM? I am fairly new to this site so am I missing something? He comes over here, runs his mouth and then goes and hides? [beeep]!?!?!?

Thanks Brian,
I have sold my Foxpro and I will order the WT tomorrow. I will let the people on this tread know the results when I get the WT.

For the Foxpro lovers out there please be advised that my buddy is listing his Foxpro Fury on Ebay now. Starting bid is about $400. He and I both have been trying to figure out the issue and he used my tape player last night to call and kill fox so the Foxpro can go.

Originally Posted By: R15 PredatorThanks CT20 and MrGunslinger!

On a side note I sent a PM to BradMendrickson and he sent an email saying that he was not going to read my PM? I am fairly new to this site so am I missing something? He comes over here, runs his mouth and then goes and hides? [beeep]!?!?!?

When it comes to forums, do not let what others say (or type) get to you. Everyone is much bolder and a much better debater when sitting behind a keyboard. I do not believe anyone has ever changed another persons opinion on any subject on any forum since Al Gore invented the internet. As for callers, most of the high end units will call animals as they are designed to do (especially in areas where the animal numbers are high). My own personal opinion (which is worth $0) is that certain models/sounds may perform better when calling areas where there are fewer or wary animals. Let us know how the WT turns out for you.

Originally Posted By: R15 PredatorThanks Brian,
I have sold my Foxpro and I will order the WT tomorrow. I will let the people on this tread know the results when I get the WT.

For the Foxpro lovers out there please be advised that my buddy is listing his Foxpro Fury on Ebay now. Starting bid is about $400. He and I both have been trying to figure out the issue and he used my tape player last night to call and kill fox so the Foxpro can go.

Let me know how the WT works out, Im still doing some homework before making my decision to buy one. Until then, I'll just keep using my JS and blown calls, its working well for me.

Hmmm, been on the site for a week, second post starts busting on FP then third post starts this thread...

Troll??? Monster??? Bill???

Originally Posted By: MrgunslingerThe foxpro guys dont know what there missing.LOL!

Maybe most people know what THEY'RE missing by avoiding wt and its demented, childish owner. Why would anyone take abuse from someone like the wt owner when you are spending your money on a product? MI VHNTR

R-15 Predator,

You didn't specify, but I'm assuming that you were using a preymaster-3 since you said the sound shuts off after a short period of time. If you like the Johnny Stewart sounds, then get a preymaster-4, which has a wireless remote and the sound plays continuosly until you shut it off. The preymaster-4 is half the price of the WT callers and it would solve your problem and allow you to stick with sounds you know work. Just my .02.

I have the same ? I thankfully was given a foxpro as a gift and have used it this year and last 6-8 sits and have never called in a thing? I have used several diff sounds with NO luck. Tried High volume for a couple of seconds and then drop it down to very low volumes. I am in southern MI, ? I have had good success with my mag howler though? always seem to answer that bad boy, I am going to start hand calling to see if the luck changes as well. Maybe there will be one for sale soon. Not really impressed, and glad I didn't buy it.

Yes the Foxpro works. I have a Fury and have called many coyotes with it. I like it. It works well. With that being said I ordered a MA 21 today. I am going to try it and see how I like it. I will sell which ever one I like the least.

Webopper, have you ever thought that maybe the reason I found this forum was for some help? Instead I get blasted by posts such as yours that offer no help at all.

What is the purpose of this board if it is not to share ideas and knowledge? If you want to have a circle jerk with your buddies why don't you go to a site with girls rather than look at fox and coyote?

If you think I am not real than look me up. The name is Damon and my phone number is 540-314-1199.

Guess what? Good products don't need people acting like jerks defending them. They stand on their own.

Last edited:
fitz, I was going to order a Preymaster 4 from Cabelas but when I read the reviews half of them were bad. They talked about it either not working out of the box, breaking or losing the cover to the battery compartment.

Not something I want to deal with when I am calling at night. I have always been satisfied with the Johnny Stewart sounds though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: R15 PredatorWebopper, have you ever thought that maybe the reason I found this forum was for some help? Instead I get blasted by posts such as yours that offer no help at all.

What is the purpose of this board if it is not to share ideas and knowledge? If you want to have a circle jerk with your buddies why don't you go to a site with girls rather than look at fox and coyote?

If you think I am not real than look me up. The name is Damon and my phone number is 540-314-1199.

Guess what? Good products don't need people acting like jerks defending them. They stand on their own.

That is why I don't say much on this site. I saw a long time ago if you say anything negative about a foxpro or even try to compare callers agianst a foxpro you will get blasted from all directions
rolleyes.gif

I use a Minaska call and have had good luck with it, but I am ordering a MA21 in the next few weeks to see how it compares.....

I hear where you're coming from, R-15. To be honest I did have some issues with one of the card slots failing to respond initially. Now, before I start calling I confirm that all three slots are working. If they're not, I have a little 2 minute trouble shooting routine I put the caller through and it always get all three slots working. Once I've done that, I've never had it fail me on a stand. The battery compartment on the remote was a little tight at first, but there is a rubber pad that you can shave down to fix that problem.

You might be thinking why go through the trouble? Why not just by something that works? To which I say three things. First, the sounds are first rate, especially the fox sounds. Second, at 189 dollars it's at least three hundred dollars cheaper than a lot of other callers. I've seriously considered getting another brand of e-caller, but they all seen to have some issues. With the WTs, I don't like the need for 8 AA batteries and the remote doesn't look real user friendly. I'll put up with a little aggravation to save the bucks. Lastly, you might want to look into whether or not the above listed issues with the Preymaster 4 have been resolved. I bought mine when they first came out. Later generations may have had those problems fixed.

I don't have anything against Foxpro or WT. If you've got the bucks get whatever you think will work best for you and best of luck to you.

I'd be curious as to how the new WT's work out for you, as well as how there reliabilty works out over time. Then to see how WT takes care of those in need. I'll admit I'm a bit cautious as customer service is a huge issue for me. I will say, I've had an FX3 for years and it's been a great caller. I've called and killed a number of coyotes with it, but I don't think I kill nearly as many with it as I do with hand calls though.

Back