AVAILABLE Blades... From RainShadow Custom Knives!

Current Stock of Blade Blanks...

DSC07169.jpg

Stainless!

2 - 440C Production Fillet Blanks
1 - 440C Production Ulu blank
Bottom Left is a 440C handmade blank.
The rest are ATS34 Handmade Blanks.

DSC07170.jpg

Carbon!

A couple Damascus, the rest are D2.

I'll be back thoughout this week updating this thread. I must have 8 knives I've built from the previous available blanks. I've fallen WAY behind updating you with new Pictures!

Thanks Guys!

I'm pretty sure these were in the old photos, if I remeber whichunits they were I'll identify them as such. (The current stock is above, in the cutlery drawer, and getting mighty sparce!)

DSC06956-1.jpg

DSC07053-1.jpg

This one wasn't in this thead as a blank, but how can i NOT post it?!?!?
DSC07071-1.jpg

DSC07111-1.jpg

This one was made as a little brother to a listed blade that I did...
DSC07121-1.jpg

DSC07124-1.jpg

DSC07150-1.jpg

Continued...

Thanks Juanjo!

Ok, the previous available blade posts and pics are going to be updated below...

THIS it the latest, and will include Everything, Past and Present!

I've come up with a new numbering system:

All my hold over 2009 blades start with "09".

From now on new batches of blades will start with the month/year of their birth.

For instance, this batch I'm posting now, they all start with "1-10..."

Here goes...

DSC06958.jpg

DSC06959-1.jpg

DSC06960.jpg

DSC06961.jpg

DSC06962.jpg

DSC06963.jpg

DSC06964-1.jpg

DSC06965-1.jpg

Continued...

More coming! I have a new batch of budget blades, different sawmill bandsaw steel (modern.) I ground them into a variety of boning knives! I need to test the HT before I officially post them though...

All "S" blades are ATS34 Stainless - - Except for "09-S1" which is 440C stainless. All "D" blades are D2 tool steel.

All these are fresh out of heat treat, so they are a little rough looking, but hopefully by now I've shown you how they transform!

Thanks for looking and following my progress, guys!

Ok, I didn't know the exact alloy of these new budget blades, so I had to take my best guess with the heat treat recipe.... Success!!!

I got a test piece to bend to 90 degrees (Yes, that's all the way over!) and come back with no noticable change! (No bending, no breaking, no cracking...) It's thin steel (.073) but that's still fantastic! I'm tickled!

So here they are!

Budget Bandsaw Boning Blades!

DSC06995-1.jpg

DSC06996-1.jpg

DSC06997-1.jpg

DSC06998-1.jpg

DSC06999-1.jpg

DSC07001-1.jpg

DSC07002-1.jpg

These are thinner, as I said (.073), they're carbon, they're from modern Sawmill Bandsaw steel, and they're going to cut like nobody's business!!!

They will build cheaper, so let me know if you want to do one!

Mikeymike, B7 is the same dimension as a fillet knife. It's slightly stiffer, but still has some good flexibility. All of these new B series are primarily designed as boning knives, but as you know, those dimensions can be used in a LOT of different ways. It'd fillet like nobody's business!

That's a great batch of Blades Steve!! Man you've been busy
thumbup.gif
I always like seeing your completed work, I hope when you get them done you show us your art
thumbup.gif
I get slobber on my key board every time you do.. You were missed at the P/M hunt. I hope you can make it next year..

I wish I could have made it this year, Kerry. Money wasn't there. (It was in Disneyland and Seaworld where I'd already spent it!) Thanks.

Here's a damascus trailing point I just finished (actually had to unpack it and hurry-up photograph it since I forgot!) It's sold.

DSC07038-1.jpg

DSC07039-1.jpg

DSC07040-1.jpg

And a small Hand Axe, made from 8670 Tool Steel with a differential temper (the cutting edge is harder than the rest of the hatchet.)

DSC07041-1.jpg

Back