any difference in the two

Jimmc

I haave been shooting the Hornady 50 grain V-max bullet in my savage 22-250. I went to buy another box or two only to find that the store Didn't have any 50 grain V-max Hornady they had 50 grain sierra blitzking. So I bought those and wonder if there is any noticable difference.

For whatever this may be worth and I know you are talking about 50 gr bullets, but I shoot both Sierra 52 gr HPBT and Sierra 55 gr Blitzkings in both my Ruger 22-250 and my Savage .223. Both bullets perform extremely well in both weapons. I'm still testing to try and decide if Varget, Benchmark or RE-15 work in the best in my rifles.

I will shoot the sierras tomorrow with the same load that gets me bug holes with thwe hornadys. I will post the results.

Many years ago when I first got a .17 Remington I tested the difference between a Remington 25 gr. HP and a Hornady 25 gr. HP. In that rifle and caliber the Remington bullet shot better groups by .25". I like to test different bullets to get the best results. I have been working on a load for my .22-250 using Hornady 50 and 55gr Vmax bullets. I'm going to test other brands of bullets once I get the load worked up.

I have a pet load for my savage. 50 grain v-max with 35 grain IMR 4064 and cci BR primers. This shoots bug holes out of my 26" bull barreled savage.

Back