Which Timney trigger for the Remington R-15?

Yoteblasterz

So I am trying really hard to give my R-15 a second chance as a hunting rifle before switching over to a bolt action gun. I started out by swapping out the grip with the Hogue grip from my SR-556. Great... new feel... love it! I also ordered the Nikon Coyote Special scope along with a new riser to help move it forward some. I just have a cheap Burris on it now and the eye relief is horrible, and not very clear either.

The next thing on my list is the trigger. I have a Thomson Center Encore with a < 2 lb (modified) trigger and I am in love with that thing. I really want my R-15 to snap like that bad boy. I have heard good things about Timney triggers and I think I am prepared to go that route but not sure which model to choose.

Any thoughts on the entire situation? Would love to hear them.

Thanks!

Posting groups might help, what? Certainly won't help change the feel of the gun, the weight, the trigger, or the regular failure to fire's that I see with all of my AR's, no matter the round.

You need to make sure your getting all the shells back all the way in the clip. Before you put in the clip take it and hit it on your hand or leg on the primer side of the clip, and also always use the assist when shutting the bolt, always let it slam shut. When I get my R-15 it always misfired the first round until I started doing this every time, havn't had a misfire since.

The misfires are never on the 1st round for me. I generally let it slam home when at the range, or before walking to the stand. They happen on the rounds that the gun has loaded via recoil (ive often wondered if the bolt doesn't always seat correctly, or if the recoil spring in the stock wasn't doing its job). They happen on all kinds of factory loads, and this was the case with my old bushy, my armalite, and now the R-15. The only AR that hasnt done this to me is the Ruger SR-556.

I got rid of the Armalite, Bushy, and my R-25. I am holding onto hope with the R-15 and the Ruger but it sure is frustrating....
frown.gif

I'm having the same problem with my rig now...but i know what my problem is--the gun needs to be cleaned from muzzle to action. Too much carbon buildup anywhere (especially in the chamber) causes chambering problems with my rig.

Trying 5 different AR types without satisfaction, would indicate to me that maybe you are just a bolt guy. Nothing wrong with that.

What bolt gun are you looking for maybe we can do some trading.

BTW: What Burris is that? PM me I may be able to help.

Do you clean your AR's when you first get them? Every 100 rounds or so, I'll strip the bolt and carrier apart and clean with brake cleaner and then re-lube (lightly) with friction defense lube. Also check the rings at this point and the gap spacing I like to have at or near 120 degrees apart. This is not the most important though. I've only had the problem you are having with one of my AR's and it was the first one. Someone on this forum (Oldturtle I believe) suggest the cleaning. It worked and none of my other AR's have failed. Maybe you already do all this so forgive me if so.

On the feel thing, that's up to you.

I run a couple TImney 3lb triggers in mine and like them. Not much difference from Bill Springfields 3lb trigger jobs for $50 though.

Good luck

i put a 3lb timmy in mine and love it,never had a miss fire and i have put a 1000 rounds through it and dont clean like i should.groups under an 1in at 100yds,with black hill and ultra max 55gr soft point and ballistic tips.

r-15 22in barrel
3lb timmey
3x9x40 nikon buckmaster

My R-15 goes boom every time. I’ve never had a misfire or failure to feed or failure to eject. I’ve also got a Ruger AR556 and the same thing. Works every single time. Seems odd that you’ve experienced this on multiple platforms. Maybe your chakra emits some bad vibes that prevents your semi autos from firing?
Maybe your cleaning solution or gun lube is impeding it’s functioning correctly. If it is occurring on 3-4 different platforms for you that seems to say something you are doing to all your semi autos is causing them not to function properly. What are the odds you’d get 3-4 lemons from multiple different manufacturers?

Back