Adding target turrents to Leupold

Encore 1

I have a Leupold VX-3 3.5 to 10 scope with the Boone and Crocket reticle. I should have gotten a scope with target turrents but didn't. I see that there a several on the market that screw onto the adjustment knobs, but do not know anything about them. Has anyone had any experience with any that they would recommend? Thanks in advance.

Just sent my lupy in and should have it back this comming week.Cost was 129.00 I got the M1 turrets.I like being able to twist a knob and be on target for a given range .

I'd go elevation turret only and would suggest CDS or M1 on a hunting rig. Cost for one is $90.00 and cost for both (windage and elevation) is $130.00 as the previous poster stated. Turnaround is generally less than two weeks. You can get either MOA hashmarks and use a drop chart or you can get them tailored to your specific load (chrono'd, bullet weight, etc.) and turn yardage. Myself, I'd opt for CDS and yardage if starting fresh.

Leupold VXIII 2.5-8x36mm w/M1

montana1-1.jpg

Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40mm w/factory elevation turret calibrated for 55gr .223 @ 3100 fps

montana2-1.jpg

Don't have anything with CDS, yet...

Thanks Grizleyhunter and Buster for the information. My deer season closes this Sunday and I will contact them and get er done as we say down here in the south. It is on a .338 Win Mag so I will not be using it to shoot varmints around here, the old 25-06 barrell is good for that.
You forum buddies are the best.

i was thinking about changing my M1 turret out for the M3, send my ballistic info into leupold and they will match it to your new turret. so instead of having to worry about your ballistics charts and dialing minutes, you just dial the distance marked on the turret and send it.

the M3 is much quicker, i have the M1 and my buddy has the M3 for his 168gr 7.62, lets take this scenario, a dog wont come any closer than 465M you tried to call but he just lays down, now i have the M1 and have to get my ballistics sheet or program, (bulletflight, BallisticFTE etc.) put in my values, dial the minutes and shoot, with the M3 turret its marked for distance 1-100 1-200 so on, so instead of having to look @ your turret and dial 4 clicks per min, or 2 clicks per min or worse yet 8 clicks per min, you just dial to the number of M or YDs your target is ranged and send it, very easy and fast.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI know a whole lot of Leupy sluts, and not 1 prefers the M3 or anything else over the M1, myself included.......

Prezactly!

Okay, I hope I don't get jumped on here like I did on the forum about Foxpro....but what is the difference between M3 and M1.

I have a Leuopold Vari X III 3.5-10 on a .300 WSM and a Leupold Vari X III 6.5 - 20 Target Dot. I am already going to send the 6.5-20 back to get rid of that infernal dot and get something that I can actually see at dawn or dusk. It already has an elevation turret on it. How much will it cost to have it set up for my .25-06?

In short, M1's offer more "precise" movement (1/4 MOA as compared to 1 MOA) and IME, are just plain more user friendly. The argument can also be made that they're less likely to to get bumped in the field, but I couldn't exactly prove it.

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15845

Do a Google search of "Leupold M1 vs M3" and you'll find all kinds of reading.

And as a side note, I've preferred M1's in the past to any other Leupold offering, but any future purchases will be fitted with CDS dials.

Originally Posted By: BusterYou do know they can customize an M1 turret to match your load, marked in yardage, right?
yep, and i'm taking this into consideration as well, its just fun to nail my AR-500 at know distances with the M3 sometimes.

Originally Posted By: BusterAnd as a side note, I've preferred M1's in the past to any other Leupold offering, but any future purchases will be fitted with CDS dials.
let us know how these work for ya when you get a chance.

Last edited:
Back