Michigan double....with a crossbow!

Outstanding!
grin.gif

You will Always remember this day! Congratulations!

I have always wanted to get into Cross-Bow hunting and this post has encouraged me to finally make the purchase.

Originally Posted By: MAUMAUYou will Always remember this day! Congratulations!

I have always wanted to get into Cross-Bow hunting and this post has encouraged me to finally make the purchase.

I will always remember this one. I'm now considering using this for some night time calling. We can use bows, rimfires, or shotguns here at night. No rifles. Might be a new twist!

Skinner

What an accomplishment!! I wonder if it has even been done before; a coyote double with a crossbow.

Definitely Hunt of the Month!

Thanks.

Were have not heard anything about a double being taken with any archery equipment. Be really neat ot be the first! We have some calls out now trying to find out.

Skinner

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Skinner2Originally Posted By: MAUMAUYou will Always remember this day! Congratulations!

I will always remember this one. I'm now considering using this for some night time calling. We can use bows, rimfires, or shotguns here at night. No rifles. Might be a new twist!

Skinner

That's a good idea Ron!
Then we don't have to worry about the rimfire and bird shot only laws in Michigan.

Originally Posted By: Skinner2Originally Posted By: MAUMAUYou will Always remember this day! Congratulations!

Skinner

Hey skinner. I'll come hold the lite for you bro..!!!!!!

( OOPS!!!!!.. dang lite must be acting up..: What coyote)

lmsao

Last edited:

That's a good idea Ron!
Then we don't have to worry about the rimfire and bird shot only laws in Michigan.

Species
(Type)

Open
Season

Legal Type of Hunting
Legal Artificial Light A

Legal DevicesB

Oct. 15 -
March 1

With game or predator call only. Firearm may be loaded or arrow nocked only when using call.

Coyote
(Damage
Control)

Sept. 15 -
Oct. 14
and
March 1 -
March 31

Only on private lands when doing or about to do damage; landowners and guests only; with game or predator call only; firearm may be loaded or arrow nocked only when using call.
Note: After fox season closes (March 1) hunting hours for coyote return to the regular hunting hours for small game.
AAn artificial light, including laser sights, of the type described above may be mounted on a person's clothing or firearm. Spotlights powered by vehicle batteries, floodlights, vehicle headlights or other artificial lights not similar to the type ordinarily held in the hand or on the person are illegal.
BAll hunters using a .22 or smaller caliber rimfire to take a furbearing animal, day or night, from Nov. 10 - Nov. 14, must have a fur harvester license.

Post is from the DNR web site. I believe a crossbow would be legal.

Skinner

Back