Comments re Tikka T3 Hunter - .223 with Wood Stock

Like all Tikka's....nothing but good things. Mine is a Stainless lite in .243 but im willing to bet you will here nothing but good about wood and .223.

I have one .223 in Deluxe, pretty nice. Had one in the Hunter it was nice too, the wood may have been a little softer.
Had one .22-250 Hunter and a stainless lite synthetic.
The factory rings work, but the newest ones seem a little cheaper. No problems with them though.
All great shooters and fun to use. Have killed a bunch of coyotes with them.

What is I was getting at is that I'm considering a Tikka Lite for a newbie shooter who just happens to be a female. The Kimber Montana's stock from all accounts seems to really tame recoil for a rifle of it's weight and was just curious if anyone has observed this with the Tikka T3 Lite.

I have the Tikka T3 Hunter in .223 with the wood stock and blued barrel. I love that gun. It truly has almost no kick that i can feel (to be fair i weigh almost 200 lbs and shoot a 12 gauge most of the time) but its really gentle. I just got a T3 Lite in 25-06 and that .223 is like a .22 lr in comparison for recoil. The .223 shoots very very well. Im no expert rifleman and I've shot something close to a half inch group at 100 yards. The gun just feels accurate, i noticed from the first time i pulled the trigger it just feels like its dead on. Never had another gun feel that way. Again, im no pro so dont take my word for it. Just my experience, good luck!

The gun you are looking for is a Browning with BOSS compensator. I have a Winchester M70 with BOSS (before Winchester was sued by Browning for patent violation) in .243. It recoils like a .22 RF. A very pleasant rifle for recoil shy shooter.

The downside though is the noise. If I do not wear muffs the report kills my hearing.

Originally Posted By: cedarcreekcoonerI have a T3 lite 243 with a limbsaver recoil pad it feels the same as shooting the T3 lite 223.

+1

Originally Posted By: GregWHow is the recoil with your Tikka Lite .243 Warpig602?

Minimal to me, Im also 6'5, 290lbs. I think everything short of 30-06 is pretty light. The .243 round is fairly light recoiling as it is.

I have the Tika T 3 Hunter in 30-06 and love it. Smooth bolt, and accurate. I don't notice the recoil. I didn't use Tika provided rings - I went with one piece DedNutz base/rings.
You'll love it. The wood may not be a nice as some rifles, but I'm not a black plastic fan.

My 10 year old shoots my T3 lite .243 quite a bit. It's a little big for her, but she doesn't mind the recoil at all. It has ths stock recoil pad.

11042009008.jpg

It's also a shooter.

243target.jpg

All the comments are appreciated. I couldn't resist taking home the .223/Wood Hunter after doing a lot of research re the others in the field and checking out the T3.
Leopold base & rings were a little pricey at $35 each (Ca) but the rifle will be a keeper - bases - Leopold/Tikka T3/Whitetail Hunter & Leopold Std. Low Rings. Left about 1/4" clearance at the front with a Bushnell 3-9-40 scope. Still researching scopes but this one will do for a while. Trying out Hornady 40 gr. V Max.
Can't wait to get to the range.

Back