2 from yesterday

Bull_357

Well we hunted yesterday with some new powder on the ground and we did pretty well for our area. Ran a coyote right of the bat ended up coming up to me and I rolled it twice with # 4 buck at about 65-70 yards. Dogs were already biting its butt about 10 minutes into the chase we just didn't realize this until I finally saw it then we let barbie go who will kill one her self and she and the other dogs killed it about 5 mins later. It was the most disgusting mangy looking animal I have ever seen. We just let it lay in the creek were it was killed. I have no clue how it survived -5 degree temperatures. My dog doesn't seem to be much of a fighter she was just running little circles around the coyote barking at it before I could get a shot at it, but shes only 18 months so I guess this could change. However, I guess its good I wont have to worry about a lot of vet bills lol.

The second spot we went to we had Dixie lady and my dog blitz out cold trailing a track at around 10 am. They finally started to get hotter so we left polecat, silk, and barbie go. This is were it go interesting about 10 minutes later we had four different chases going. This was a problem because we had a skeleton crew for the day of only around 8 guys. Made it very difficult to keep track of all the dogs and were coyotes were headed and so on. Blitz and lady ran one and had it "treed" for over 1/2 hr and no one could get to it bc of dogs near roads and so on. They both came back covered in blood and a little cut up so were guessing there was a decent fight there. The coyote our big kill dog was running by himself ended up getting shot by Ryan the owner of barbie and silk. Shot it with #4 buck again at about 65 yards took three shots, but it killed it. Nice dog guessing it was 40 or so pounds. The third coyote was being run by a friends dog turbo and barbie. They ended up loosing it after a few hours or something probably holed up or burnt down a road. The fourth one Dixie and silk were running we ended up pulling them off at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon after no one seemed to be able to kill the thing. Was a great day just to bad we didn't have a few more people probably would have killed a few more.

12.jpg

15.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

Back