wyoming get together

TenRoger WyoYote: But, we can "Let that Dead Horse Go." (-:

I'm still working on my schedule. If someone is going to be in Alcova first thing FRI AM let me know.

WyoSongDog: I am pretty picky, but not about sounds and callers. (-:

cmiddleton: I could always catch a room in Casper THU PM if you need someone to watch the back door FRI AM. Got my Snow Camo ready.

How many Lions left on the quota down there? No quota?

i don't have the foggiest on where they are sitting on the quota for the lions, guess I bettter check. I doesn't seem like they fill the quota very often on ferris

Last edited:
you would have to check but i don't think it ever gets filled and it had a year round season.
its been a few years but when i was buying tags it was 28 lions.
the place I'm thinking would be Farris mountain or Shirley mountains.
the big cat on the gas line Matt got Christmas eve.
wooden rifle ranch said they have some they are at miracle mile.
2ck 5 speed and i can be there friday morning.

no it doesn't have a year round season anymore on ferris. it closes 4/1. just when it generally gets some good snow. lol either way those mountains are tough for cat hunting.

Thanks cmiddleton! I was going to do that leg work. I am trying to decide if I should spring for a 2010 tag. The quota filled here awhile back.

well here is the areas
Casper mountain quota 10- 4 harvests area 27
area 8 pathfinder side of highway 220 to highway 487 quota 10 harvest 1
area 16 220 to 20 26 Casper to lander quota 6 harvest 1
area 6 487 shirley rim to bosler junction to wheatland to glenrock. quota 12- 8 harvested
miracle mile is in area 8 and the Farris mountains.

chances of cutting lion tracks are slim but there is always that chance.
Casper doesn't have the year round season anymore its state wide Sept 1 threw march 31

everybody that is coming shoot me a p.m. so i can have a idea how much land i need to line up i have some more ranches i could see if we could call.
i have a count of 15 for sure's counting me. 2 are maybe's possible 17.
anyone else out there?
i need to find high plains drifter and rocketman and sorefeet that would be possible 20.

i gotta get busy on this and get with all the ranches.
with the death of my aunt friday i haven't gotten anything done this weekend.
sorry.
i'll get on it today.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt
frown.gif

Sounds like we're going to have a good turnout. I've been pounding the prairie and haven't logged on much, did reply back to all the PM's. I see that some of the guys might target lion...well, I'm sure a there will be at least a "lyin'" or 2 come Fri. and Sat. evenings!
smile.gif

We need to talk about entertainment for Sat. evening. My booking agent has suggested picking 1 out of these 3 acts:

Bobby Goldsboro ("Honey", "Watching Scotty grow")

Donna Fargo ("Happiest girl in the whole USA")

The Hager Twins (of "HeeHaw" fame)

Up to you guys
smile.gif

Sounds like fun if I can break away I might come down to hunt on Sat or Sunday for the day. I will bring a bedroll and sleep in my pickup if I make it. If you still have room.

Last edited:
everyone is welcome.
i didn't make it out all weekend or get the ranches lined up.
well next weekend will have to work for that.
i will come back home from work in cheynne tuesday night for the funneral wendsday i'm a pole bearer.
i get this behind me i'll get on the stick and get as much country lined up as possible.
i think we are at 25 people.
its going to take a big chunk of land for that many folks.

guys, I'm going to have to back out. My brothers are now 10-0 and now have a game against st. stephens that saturday, after missing their 2 games this weekend I won't miss any more this season. Sorry about that guys wish I could be in 2 places at once.
Bryan

WyoSongDog: Bryan, consider plan "B" that I told you about

JCL: Jim, come on down!

For those wanting to know what BLM Maps to bring (buy), these Quads should suffice:

- Casper
- Rattlesnake Hills
- Bairoil
- Shirley Basin

I really do think you'd be good-to-go with just a DeLorme Wyoming Atlas. Below is a general overview of the area:

map.jpg

Back