TARGETING BOBCATS

Maglite

OK My main target is going to be bobcats on a few farms here at home. I have my homemade e-caller ready to go and was wondering what everyones favorite sounds to use were and stand times. just looking to build me a "bobcat sequence" for my e-caller. Thanks for any info
Tim

Last edited:
Tim, I'm by far an expert, but have learned a lot from an expert here. Sounds are the same as for coyotes. Any rabbit distress, yellowhammer, I've called one in July using a kid goat distress. I've called only 5 myself, with the one in July being the only one that wasn't in pretty tight cover. Some cats will take longer to respond than coyotes, others will respond pretty quick. I've never spent more than 20 minutes in one spot, 15 is usually more like the max. I think the ones I've actually called in were all under 10 except the July cat. He was seen coming from a long way out and he took his time getting there! Oh, btw, all of my cats were called in daylight. I'm not set up for night calling.

I cant find a good yellowhammer woodpecker distress call. I used to have one on tape that was AWESOME when I was a kid! Im using AUDACITY making me some sounds and its fun!

Audacity is a good program. We need to get together. Maybe the next time I'm headed to Cisco I can stop by there.

Generally, I'd steer you towards some kind of bird distress. There are plenty of other sounds out there that'll bring em' in though.

Good luck,

Steven

Originally Posted By: Shane2MC
BTW, glad to see you're not using the animated GIF avatar from TBH. LOL
laugh.gif

Shane
Ha! I had forgotten about that one!

Any type of bird distress works pretty good like a woodpecker or starling for an e-caller. With a hand call, the Primos Catnip cant be beat! # 1 in my book

Back